Chargers "Continuous Power"

Heliman450

Hi all, I'm nearly there with everything I need to go flying at my local club. My questions..........

1. Is there a way to charge the batteries whilst at the field (no mains supply)? We can't drive right to the field.

2. What is the maximum number of flights with my Blade 450X before needing to give it a rest.? Maybe it's me that will need to rest first :biggrin1:) Should I buy more helis? (Sounds good to me)

I have seven batteries so in theory could fly almost continuously for over an hour and a half if there's no competition for the "peg".

Heliman450

Can't add to the Heli question but how far away is the field from the parking lot?
You could always "take a break" go back to vehicle, hook up and charge then
back to flying?
Then again not sure how large your batteries are and depending on the charger
you may be in the vehicle for awhile :)

Heliman450

Hi daytonbakerjr, thanks for getting back on this. By U.S.A. standards the parking lot is probably equivalent of 20feet away (everythings bigger over there). Seriously, about half a mile. My iMaxB6AC has a 12V supply possibility but I've never used it.

I have 2150ma Optipower batteries. My first heli could only go for one battery and needed to rest for about 20mins before next flight, hence, Q2. I'm not sure which ESC is fitted to the Blade 450X (RTF), only that it's an E-Flite. Fortunately, I haven't crashed yet to see it out of the frame.

All things considered, it's probably best to just use up the batteries and go for a couple of beers.

Cheers!

RandyDSok

I believe what I hear most do in that sort of situation, if they don't want to walk back to the car to charge, is take a car battery or a gas power generator to charge from with them. I'm not sure I'd want to carry either but I also don't know of any other solution.

murankar

Staff member
If you go with a generator look at the inverter generators. They are quiet, efficient and in some cases easier to haul around.

Heliman450

Hi Matthias and Randy, I was toying with the idea of a generator, although I think my next big investment will be another heli. Once I become more accomplished with my flying skills (hopefully soon!), I'm looking to go up with battery size to 6S. So there will be a substantial amount of hard-earned just on batteries. I also have an idea for a trolley to take my gear to the field, so I'm sure it could be sized for a future generator, too.

Thanks again for the help, today has been very successful in many ways.

Heliman450

Top Bottom