General Connector's

concodd

I would like to get member's view's on what they think is the better connector's are, the XT series or EC range and which are the easier to work with from the point of view of soldering to cables and the actual separating from each other. I have been using the EC5 for my 700 build, I did have problems with the ESC cables because the wire was so fat, getting it into the cup at the end was difficult, maybe I should have trimmed the wire down to make it smaller? Not sure if using the XT range would have made the job easier or not. Having looked at the XT closer on Batteries that I purchased, they seem to look easier to work with, and look like they can take more heat in the soldering stage before they start to change shape with the heat.??

pvolcko

I've only ever used EC* connectors. Except for one set of deans connectors I used on my old quad when I upgraded it to a lipo battery. I find them to do the job so I've never gone looking for others.

Derek

I have only ever used Deans plugs and with some great success, too. However, when I got my 600 (with 10 gauge wire) I did opt for the EC5 plugs. I think both are pretty simple to solder and to work with. I've ordered lipo's from Hobby King and they have come with XT60's but I've always just cut them off and soldered on the Deans plugs.

Lee

I have EC3 and 5s.
I like the fact that you can solder to bullets before putting them in the housing. No chance of melting the housing as happens with the XT and the Deans when things aren't going well :)
I found the XTs hard to pull apart.
The down side to the ECs that people say, is the fact that once soldered and clicked into the housing, you can't take them apart again.
This isn't strictly true.
I have removed the bullets from the housings many times. Its not suppose to be done, and it probably damages the housing if you do it more than a couple of times, but its worked for me. :)

murankar

Staff member
If your wires didn't fit in the cups I think might have need something a little bigger. I am no expert in ec* connectors. I just ordered a bag of 10 pairs and had on check of a time

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
not exactly true that you have to use something bigger. When i was using the EC5's .. I was trimming some of the metal thin wires in there to a point that they would be just a snug fit in the EC5 cup . You end up tinning the end of the wire anyway, so you are adding enough metal to it. And inside the shielding the wires are tightly bound to each other.

I did not have an issue running that setup .. I was running 12S. Dont trim off too much.. trim some, pinch and roll the ends, and see if it will fit in the cup, try again.. It takes a little work, but then the setup works well.

Top Bottom