Other Computer Wireless Router vs Spektrum Tx

Derek

I didn't know where else to put this question, so here it is.

Now, firstly, I not not a very "computer literate" person. I can turn it on and off (most of the time), I get on facebook and play games, Youtube, RCH, and other "shopping" sites. I do a bit of video editting and that's really about it.

I'm finally getting a wireless router so that I can run Netflix and Hulu and the internet on my flatscreen in my living room (which is across the house from the computer). I saw, on the box, that is says something about 2.4ghz. My question is...will the 2.4ghz from the wireless router affect or interfere with, in anyway, my rc aircraft? I would really upset if I'm hovering my Trex 500 in my backyard and the signal from the router smashes my 500 to the ground.

Any thoughts???

Tony

Staff member
Those latest videos that I posted were done less than 100' from my brand new wireless AC router. You can check it out at the link below. It's a bad ass router and worth the money. In my shed, with 4 walls between the router and computer as well as being under a metal car port, I'm still getting full signal out there. So the power out of this thing is immense. I had 0 issues with flying my helicopters, including the 600N. I doubt you will have any issues. Spektrum has channel hopping tech and it scans the air for what waves are open. It will choose 2 or 3 bands to broadcast on (can't remember how many, but at least two. And jumps to the second one if the first one starts to get clogged) so you shouldn't lose signal.

No worries bro, I doubt you will be getting a router like I have and it's one of the most powerful you can get.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dual-Ba... Router with 4-Port Ethernet Switch&cp=1&lp=1

Tony

Staff member
Like with my computer, I didn't want to upgrade in a couple years lol. So far, it has done everything that I have wanted better than expected. And the power it's putting out is astounding.

Derek

Ok guys! Thanks for the reassurance! I'd certainly hate to think that this router I bought would cause me RC grief.

Stambo

I have a wireless router, cordless telephones and all sorts of other wireless devices and I still fly my V911s and V949s around the lounge on 2.4. Never had an issue.

Top Bottom