Flight Controllers Computer doesn't connect to cc3d please help!

Tallent911

I downloaded librepilot and plugged in my quad.the lights light up on the cc3d like it connected but librepilot it still tells me waiting for me to plug in quad not sure what's the deal the plug im using is a charger style plug for charging a digital camera not sure it that's a problem cause my cc3d still lights up.just bought my first race quad that I been waiting for 2 weeks to get my quad and this is the only thing holding me back please help! Thanks in advanced!

Tony

Staff member
Go into your device manager to see if the computer is detecting the board. If so, find out what Com port it's on. If it shows a yellow triangle or something, then right click and select update drivers. You may have to download and manually install the FTDI Adapter drivers.

Tallent911

I'm not seeing anything in device manager...when I plug in my cc3d the blue light flashes rapidly then just goes to a steady flash on the blue light if that tells you anything...

Tallent911

No but that's whats next cause I don't know what else it could be I just bought the cord it's a charging cord have you ever heard of certain cords not working on a cc3d? It lights up my cc3d and makes the blue light flash but that's it...I appreciate the help btw thanks brother,I watched your vids on setting up my goolrc 210 it helped me set up my receiver but unfortunately now I have this problem

Tony

Staff member
If it is a charging cord, then it is missing two wires inside it, and those are the data wires. I have a few of those that I use to only charge my headphones, tablets and the like. You need a standard USB cable.

Tallent911

Ok well that makes sense why it would power up the Cc3d but not communicate with it I'm buying a new one tomorrow and I'll keep you posted on how I turn out,appreciate all the help

Tallent911

What color wires should it have or how many wires? I want to cut it and see if it's the cable if you know this information

RandyDSok

Ok well that makes sense why it would power up the Cc3d but not communicate with it I'm buying a new one tomorrow and I'll keep you posted on how I turn out,appreciate all the help

Because it is getting power... it just isn't getting data...

There are two types of common USB cables ( other than the types of ends on them )... charging and data. It can't communicate because there is no data connection.

Tallent911

Yea that makes sense thanks for the info brother I'm gonna go try and find one today I'll keep ya posted on how it goes...

Top Bottom