ESC Component distance

Bruno

It's there a recommended distance between ESC/MOTOR/BEC considering the ESC & BEC each have a ferrite ring?

murankar

Staff member
As for those components I have mine close together. My cable lengths dictate that I can spread them apart a bit but I like them together. On my X3 they are close together on something like an X7 they could have some spacing between them. I would suggest placing as far apart as the frame will allow given the cable lengths. I dont think that its going to make a huge difference.

Sorry if that does not answer your question.

Derek

I think I'm pretty much with Matthias on this and I probably won't be much "help" either. On my 500, the components are rather close..smaller frame. On my 600, the motor and ESC are probably 6" apart but then my BEC is directly below my ESC.

Bruno

I have repositioned components to effect CG which has resulted with ESC under battery tray, BEC under and behind BEC attached to the heli option front/bottom plate mount and then of course the motor.

ESC is about 4 inches ahead of the motor.

Really cleaned up the look of the heli and definitely improved CG.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
On a 450 t-rex pro align has the suggested mounting locations in the manual. What you will see is a concentration in the nose, same with the protos mini. The mini has the battery on the nose with esc right under it and the motor directly behind those. Just get the best locations for cog and call it good. Just make sure all cable ends are covered with shrink tube and/or electrical tape so nothing shorts out. One last thing I do is wrap the frames with electrical tape where wires will pass through.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom