600 Collective Pitch

Rick Stoll

I have a new T-rex 600n Super pro.. although it is an older flybarred model guy never flew it

I went through the whole complete flybar setup..i ran into a glitch while setting collective pitch...when I try to lower the swash plate to even out the positive and negative pitches.... the max I can get is about 9.5 degrees positive and negative due to the fact that the center guide that traveles up and down will go lower than the guide pins... I can set it up to have more positive but cant get more negative once I go to negative collective and it drops off the guide pins it wont go back up on the guide pins without my hand actually lining it up as I apply positive collective

Do these pins unscrew so I can get more length out of them?...I tried but didn't want to put a lot of pressure on the pins in case they are a permanent fixture to the head assembly

murankar

Staff member
Usually when you have uneven pitch like that its because the swash is not in the center of travel. In your case I don't know what's up. Maybe @Tony knows since he knows more about Align then I do.

Rick Stoll

ok thx maybe he will see the post or possibly someone that knows more about the older aligns....ill post a pic in a bit to clearify the issue im having....the copter flies fine...I just think I should be able to have more pitch if I choose...like 12 degrees

Rick Stoll

I cant find a manual for this exact copter....its an align 600 nitro super pro model no. kx1060nptg...I found a manual that was close but the lengths of the swash rods did not center the swash between the travel...so I kinda winged it an came up with something that was close and went upward from there

Tony

Staff member
I found a copy of the NSP manual and I have put it on our server. You can find that manual here --> https://www.rc-help.com/files/600NSP.pdf

I have this model, and I call him Murphy. My helicopter started live as an NSP and I remember having an issue like this back in the day. He is now full DFC since it's just easier lol. But you want to set the head up where you can get your max positive pitch and the slider is almost touching the head block. Right now, it seems that your swash is a little too low. I would extend the links going to the swash to raise it up, then readjust your 0º pitch at mid stick and check again. It's a long process to get it right, but once you do, it's worth it.

And thank you for being a supporter of the site!

Rick Stoll

cool thx...that helps a lot....this heli wont do to much 3d so im more interested in the learning the nitro side as well as the flying part...im still in learning mode and once I become very confident ill drop the 1600 and get a new 700 flyberless...but for now this heli will do...I have a few smaller electrics but im a tinkerer so don't mind the nitro motors and the extended flight times...I always say I goto the field to fly not wait for a battery to charge

Top Bottom