Closing :(.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Figures after buying my powerheli xl 550, PowerHeli is closing their store :(. So if you want some items cheap, check out the site.

leedude1

Hopefully you'll still have some parts available to you, it really sucks when you have bird and are just unable to fly it. :emono:

That was the one thing I had to put front an center when purchasing my last machine in April. What company has the best chances of staying opening and producing spares in the future considering the present situation of reduced interest in the hobby (so just the hard core true hobbiest left) in addition to the pandemic and I could only put Align and SAB on that list for the big birds. Horizon for the smaller stuff, the rest in my opinion was a crap shoot.

If I may DOG, and it may be a stretch but I have at times purchased a complete 2nd kit (minus electronics of course) in instances of uncertainty. This I knew would provide me a whole box of spares and a fraction of the retail price of the individuals. and thus keep me in the air. Granted you end up with some parts you may not ever need but I have been pleasantly surprised overall. It has definitely saved me time and money in the long run. as shipping costs come into it as well. On every repair, maintenance or other I have to tag on 15-25$ shipping so this adds up pretty quick.:yuck:

Its a thought and if they are clearing stuff out you could get a real steal.:positive::pirate:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I thank you much leedude 1 for that 411. I started to collect some extra parts already. I didn't think that thoroughly. I was going to get the Guai X5 but the XL was lighter and I like that. If I can afford another XL 550 kit without electronics, I'll purchases one. Til then I'll nic pic away at it :).

leedude1

The Gaui is nice machine, biased opinion maybe but it is still a torpedo and sexy as hell in the air.
But when purchasing, I had to put Gaui ( at least for now) in the I don't know section of will it make it through this period.:anyone:
Well grab what you can to keep her flying my man. :victorious:

leedude1

Snap up what ever you can, it wont go to waste and the small $ hit now will keep you in the air when you may have been grounded.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Oh yes I will spend a few bucks on back up parts. Always nice to have spare just in case of a :facepalm: moment.

leedude1

lol, nice not to need them, but Ive burned a few with dumb thumbs, or flying 2 mistakes too low. lol. I hear you my man

Geena

Staff member
You don`t have to worry about XL Power. RA and Cindy have no plans to discontinue the brand any time soon, so parts and kits will be available for a long time.

Top Bottom