Projects Christmass project

grumpy1

The new plane should be here the first of the week....really wanted to have all the components here before the project arrives..never has that happened..at least not on one of my projects..
Strange aint it....really think about it no heavy liftin at all.. the ups man brings the biggest an heaviest an bulkeyest package right to ya door an sets it down most of the time right at the door...an with a smile an a little BS most of time...well the one that comes to my house does...so see just about all the heavy liftin is already done for ya...so lets evaluate what all is left..this is gonna be tuff...some planes require more than others...but this one is a size 40 aircraft...so most of us know whats left...so lets put it in contex..perspectove if you would...so lets see..i bet you could cut the top off an leave the handle on a half gallon eggnog jug an put ALL the compenents in there an still have a convient carring handle...so lets review our parts...46 size motor....esc..3 tires an wheeles an on this it gonna take six servos 2 12 inch servo extention wires...13 x 10 prop...2 .25 inch spinner...receiver...2 bottles of CA...OH man was about to forget the wheele collars..an we gonna say an even dozen of # 2 x 3/8 button head screws for the canapoy..an battery hatch cover..an i bet ...might be snug..i beleive a 5s 4500 battery will go in there without damanaging anything an you still got a easy covient carein handle..so lets see on this one in gonna need 4 six foot rolls of monokote....bout like carrin out a four roll pack of christmas wrapping paper..no muss no fuss...think i missed much..wraping paper under your arm an with the same arm get the milk jug...an your mickey ds sack with the other hand an have ya a little mid afternoon snack before you get started...did i miss much. :newhere:o

grumpy1

Well got new project unboxed an parts separated an deburred On this project im going to build with flaps the ailerons are 23.75 inches long. I was going to make the flaps 7 inches. With the aileron being 16.75 inches. Need some input advice on this...they need to be longer..shorter

grumpy1

Got started on project late this afternoon...had to modify 16 of the 20 wing ribs..with the addition of flaps on this project the servos are going to be mounted in the wings servos for both flaps an ailerons. Had to cut slots in wing ribs for servo leads ..went ahead an put slots all the way to wingtips..might want to put nav lights an landing lights...just a thought...cut slots in ribs an put reinforcement on wing ribs...probably over engineered...at least it want be as likely to develope a crack or split that could run the length of rib

20151213_222634.jpg

20151213_222821.jpg

20151213_224432.jpg

20151213_224355.jpg

grumpy1

Mornin friends...update on project..got wing completed...waitin on servos an some misc parts to get here to get here to mount in the wing. hopefully might get fuse done this weekend ..20151218_055943.jpgn20151216_072948_Burst02.jpg

20151218_055943.jpg

20151216_072948_Burst02.jpg

Top Bottom