500 Christmas In July?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I know it's early but the wife ask me what I would like for Christmas. I have a 500 already but it's not a true 500 size :). I've been looking around and have heard Geena and other say good things about Synergy helis. I'm interested in the 516 or the E5. I was wondering which way to go. Price wise there about a $40.00 difference with the E5 being that 40 bucks higher. I like belt drive vs Torque tube but I could learn to like TT. Can anyone that has flown either one of those helis, i would appreciate their opinion? It's early for Christmas shopping but the wife needs time to save up money to get me a new bird :).

Tony

Staff member
This would definitely be an @Geena question. I'm sure she has flown both. Have you looked into the Goblin 500? Or even the Align 500X? Just trying to give you more options.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yes I have checked Goblin and Align. Everyone has them so I would like to have something different. My 500 is like the Align because it has mostly Align parts lol. The Goblin has the fuselage style. My 500 has the monster energy fuselage on it. So synergy is my next choice.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, but the 500X has the slide in battery mount lol. And the 500 Goblin is just awesome lmao. But I understand what you mean about wanting something that not everyone else has. As stated, Geena should be in here tomorrow and she can at least provide some info on the E5.

Admiral

IMHO when your spending that much on a new Helicopter $40.00 should not be a factor choose the one that suits you best.

Geena

Staff member
You`re not going to go wrong with any Synergy helicopter. The 516, and the E5 are awesome machines, and fly like they are on a laser. They can both be stretched to 600, and one of my friends down here, even stretched his E5 Matt calls it super stretch) to a 700. A 9 pound 700. That thing is a rocket ship.

Torque tube vs belt, is like the old Chevy vs Ford thing. I have flown both, and still do. Both have advantages and disadvantages, so it really comes down to what you prefer. I personally prefer torque tubes, simply for the ease of maintenance.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Admiral your right about 40 dollars doesn't make a difference when your spending that much. Thanks Geena! Tony mention that you flown both. Basically I can't go wrong with Synergy helis. Yea seem like the E5 is the way to go., thanks :). Now to break the news to the wife and tell her she better start saving her penny's NOW Lol.

murankar

Staff member
Personally I would go with the E5. Botos made that kit to stretch to swing 690s. Its the best frame for that kind of stretch. It will also do the 600 size as well. Down side is that its a tad heavy as a 550 but when you stretch it the disk loading goes way down.

Geena

Staff member
Admiral your right about 40 dollars doesn't make a difference when your spending that much. Thanks Geena! Tony mention that you flown both. Basically I can't go wrong with Synergy helis. Yea seem like the E5 is the way to go., thanks :). Now to break the news to the wife and tell her she better start saving her penny's NOW Lol.

Nope. You`ll never go wrong with any Synergy helicopter. Matt takes quality and customer service very seriously. I actually still have two Synergy airframes. I have an original N5...belt drive, and G-10 frames, and I still have an N9. Converted to FBL, with the old hyper drive torque tube installed. Gaui won`t let me fly them, so they are shelf queens now. But I kept them, just in case.. :D

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Silly question Geena but if you ever think about finding a new castle for the N5 shelf queen to rule, let me know :).

Geena

Staff member
Silly question Geena but if you ever think about finding a new castle for the N5 shelf queen to rule, let me know :).
I doubt I`ll ever get rid of the N5. It was my first nitro, and has a ton of sentimental value. :)

Geena

Staff member
I didn't think so Geena but I had to ask . Anyway i was looking around and I found this TSA Model Infusion 600E-Pro Helicopter Kit [TSATKI600EPOO] | Helicopters What do you know about TSA anyone?

TSA are very good, and very underrated helicopters. I flew for them for about 3 years, and never had one single mechanical problem with any of them. They fly great, crash well, and the layout for electronics and wiring was well thought out. Parts are inexpensive, and they are made from Japanese materials. TSA are another one that you would be very happy with.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I thank you much Geena for your replys :). Gives me another choice and leaves the wife lost and confused lol.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well I'm going to be the owner of the TSA 600E by the end of the month. I know that the model is 4yrs old but the money I saved from not purchasing the Synergy model will go into the TSA electronics. Thanks to my honey for getting it for me :).

Top Bottom