General cheap test stand

mklages

This is a cheap test stand that i decided to build once i figured out that ccpm is not an easy heli to fly if not setup perfectly i have less than 20$ in this stand, and yes thats a swiffer sweeper lol.
thanks to my test stand and this site i have finaly got a heli in the air after making the vid of my test stand and ajusting the wag out of my tale i went to the park and managed to hover in gusty winds i was doing so good but my head got big and i decided to get a little higher then a bad gust of wind came i panic and cut back of the throtal but my pitch curve was set from -9 to +9 thus making my bird thrust it self into the ground LOL a lesson learnd the hard way. I have set my pitch curve to start at 0 pitch to +9. Oh well it was only a 35$ clone that i got from hong kong i guss if i keep crashing it ill have all the parts replaced with real align parts.[video=youtube_share;Vt6pjGV9o10]http://youtu.be/Vt6pjGV9o10[/video]

crashbash

I always use a turntable to set up my heli after a rebuild, saves any nasty surprises once airborne.
I suggest a very small amount of negative pitch say 1-2 degrees in case a gust of wind gets under it and you need to lower it, try to get use to throttle hold if you have no options left but to dump it.

Rob

Lee

+1 what Rob said. 0 pitch in wind can mean the heli won't come down. -1º/2º is all you need.

murankar

Staff member
I run mine at 45 47.5 50 75 100. this seems to work for me at the moment. Also with the negative pitch at low stick will help keep the heli planted while spooling up in the wind also. so it's a two fold for ya.

mklages

thanks that makes sense after putting a little wind in my clearview sim i see why i would need a little negative pitch.

Top Bottom