Batteries Charging tmaxx with icharger 206B

bigone5500

What is the best setting to charge this pack? I have both the starter and hump pack to charge. I have the car charger but I don't want to leave it I'm my truck to charge. The starter battery is 1800mah nimh and the rx pack is 1100mah. They are 6 and 5 cell respectively.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, you are working with some old stuff there! So in the charger there should be a setting for NiMh/NiCd and it should have a cell count. I don't have my S6 iCharger setup so I cannot look at it right now, and I no longer own the 306b (wish I did.... never should have sold it).

For charge rate, 1-2s should be fine, just keep an eye on pack temp as they do get hot. I remember charging at 5-6 amps on a 6 cell Sub-C pack and I had to run fans on the packs to keep them from over heating. I'm talking "Blowiematron" fans lol. Loud and moved a TON of air.

Dangit, I wish I had my S6 ready to hook up... Never even plugged it in yet.

bigone5500

I charged the starter pack at 2a and it got pretty warm. I stopped it as I was nervous about damaging the pack.

Tony

Staff member
They get warm, just as long as they are not hot. I would say 60c is fine for temp, but anything over is a no-go. Heat doesn't hurt NiMh/NiCd like it does LiPo/LiFe packs.

Top Bottom