Chargery Power

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hello Gaba, you switched over to gas power? Do you find gas has more power and time in the air than electric?

Gas does not have more power than the electric helis. Electric helis now a days are putting out in excess of 11hp. That's not needed by the normal average flier at all. Flight time ---3minutes of harsh 3D.. 6 minutes of outtering around

Nitro helis make a ton of power. I love nitro. They make more than enough power that you don't even have to have collective management anymore with nitro helis. The torque is just amazing . Flight time 6-7minutes hard 3D 11minutes puttering around

Gas helis are now catching up. The bigger 30cc zenoah modified by major modifiers will put out about 6-7hp with a tuned quick draw pipe. Buy they are heavier and require a little more collective management. But flight times of 12 minutes hard 3D .. 40 minutes puttering around!! On 87 gas lol.

Gas is higher startup price but extremely extremely cheap on the long run.

Nitro is expensive fuel (if buying in America.. 27-35a gallon) but. Cheaper in the long run as well.

Electric is raw crazy power .. Expensive batteries.. Expensive crashes , and the care of packs if you don't fly. Lol but anywaz. That's in a but shell :)

And if you want to build a power supply it's easy!!! Tony and I both have a thread here on it.

vimy

You can build your own, which is fun:) Loads of help on here:) just add and Icharger:)

Hello Graham, I would have no hesitation in modifying HP power supplies like the ones featured here in RC Help. I have an electronics background and always enjoy reading the threads where someone on here is building their own charging stations. The ideas I've seen are excellent.

One big problem in Australia is the availability of the HP switch mode power supplies. There just isn't any around.

I have not spoken to other Australian modelers about this problem, but so far I have not had any luck. This is one of the reasons why my charging station has ground to a halt.

I either have to buy new units, so I might as well get commercially made PSU's specifically for RC use. Or, import HP supplies from the US and pay a heap in postage and delivery.

Gas is higher startup price but extremely extremely cheap on the long run.

Nitro is expensive fuel (if buying in America.. 27-35a gallon) but. Cheaper in the long run as well.

Electric is raw crazy power .. Expensive batteries.. Expensive crashes , and the care of packs if you don't fly. Lol but anywaz. That's in a but shell :)

I've gone the electric path for a variety of reasons, not least because overall, it's cleaner and less noisy. I used to run glow engines in my planes and got fed up with the oil everywhere (including all over me) and rotting the balsa airframe, despite best efforts to prevent it.

From what I have read so far, a good charger is key to keeping the batteries lasting as long as possible, so I opted for the Revo PL8 charger.

- - - Updated - - -

Do I even want to ask what a "but shell" is?

Only Gaba could do that lol

Lol nut shell!!!

Wow. Only me ..

I don't know, you blokes. LOL :p

Top Bottom