Batteries Charge amps?

cabbie

I have PL8 with 30amp PSU, with 4 x Turnigy 5000mAh 6S 40C Lipo Pack's on a board how high can I set the amp's to charge them? I've been charging at 2 amps but it takes ages to fully charge them

Thanks

Graham Lawrie

Figuring out the charge rate is a simple matter of moving the decimal point 3 places to the left example a 1000 mah battery would be charged at 1 amp (1.000) a 1300 mah at 1.3 amps (1.300) 1800 mah at 1.8 amps (1.800) 2200mah at 2.2 amps (2.200) or a 5000 mah at 5 amps (5.000) .......I think:)

cabbie

Yeah I know the rule for a single lipo but how does it work when four are chaged at the same time IE 4x 5000mAh 6S 40C Lipo Pack?

Graham Lawrie

I have built my power supply and have a icharger 306b. I charger them on a para-board. As long as they are at similar discharge rates and sizes(all the same). I charger them on a balance charge. You can increase amps if as you wish. I only increase very rarely to try and prolong battery life.

The whole point of my power supply and new charger was to be able to multi-charge via the para board:)

Slobberdog

Cabbie you take the total mah this for you would be 20000mah and as said before divide by 1000 therefore for a 1C charge you can use 20amps

That's when you use a para board voltage stays the same and capacity is added together,

Just remember the batteries have to be within 2% of each other's voltage at the start and all have to be the same pack size ie 3s or 6s you can't mix pack sizes

Top Bottom