700 Chaos 700

Ghostflyer1

Well boys and girls. I went and did it again. The story goes, I thought about going on a date but being twice divorced I realize the 700 would be much cheaper in the long run.... :jk: Anyways it should be here today or tomorrow. I will post a whats in the Box video and pics. And maybe a first Destruction video depending if it was a really cool oooppppssssss
:homer:

Lee

Eric. I'm very jealous. I was pushing it by getting the 600. There is no chance i will have one of those anytime soon. So to feed my addiction, i want lots of videos of that machine.

Ghostflyer1

Hi guys I will be doing an unboxing video soon. I scrapped the first attempt as my phone kept going off and I was very distracted. Another words it came out like garbage. It has been CRAZY busy here lately and I have not had much time. I spent the weekend that the stuff came in trying to get my 600 rebuild. I want her flying before I start building the 700. I will try to have one up by the weekend.......

Ghostflyer1

Eric. I'm very jealous. I was pushing it by getting the 600. There is no chance i will have one of those anytime soon. So to feed my addiction, i want lots of videos of that machine.

Lee
I will tell you this, RCA is going to have another line coming out about mid summer... I am not quite sure on the sizes yet but I am told they will be very nice and its not based on the Trex model. Also KDS has come out with a 550, 600 and 700 line that looks to be based of a mikado, There are pics and a video over on RCgroups

More 600 and 700 options are becoming available, I think a guy in austrailia already has one of the new KDS's.

As for the video, I will try to get to it tonight or tomorrow night. Tony I may need some video editing advice to make this cool and another lame DisturbedRC video roflmao

Last edited:

Ghostflyer1

Ok guys, sorry it took me so long to get this together..... There is what is in the box of the basic kit. I did order a scorpion motor which was additional but should make the thing a beast. The scopion motor is not included with the kit even though I am showing it in the video ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Kit looks good man. Cant' wait to see this beast up in the air being thrown around.

Ghostflyer1

im doing a build video on the thing will see how it turns out may defer to your video expertise to make it better though

Tony

Staff member
I'm here to help if you need it. I will tell you this, it's very hard with a cell phone. better to have a tripod and actual camera if you have it. if not, the phone will work. But, if you need help, just let me know.

Whirlybird

Eric, is that a sewer pipe for a tail boom???? Wow that thing is huge :yikes:

Think you need a wiiiiiiiiiiiide angle lens :lol:

Good luck with the build :)

Last edited:

lenny7118

Good video , look forward to the build video! I'm waiting to receive my Chaos 700 Super Combo kit it was shipped out on Monday. This will be my first build so any help will be appreciated especially with the electronics setup ( connecting 2 Lipo's together in a series , Castle Creations pro BEC to the ESC, making a charging cable for my Lipo's to use on my SkyCharger , etc...
Thanks

Tony

Staff member
Good video , look forward to the build video! I'm waiting to receive my Chaos 700 Super Combo kit it was shipped out on Monday. This will be my first build so any help will be appreciated especially with the electronics setup ( connecting 2 Lipo's together in a series , Castle Creations pro BEC to the ESC, making a charging cable for my Lipo's to use on my SkyCharger , etc...
Thanks

We will help you in any way we can. Just make a thread about your build in the 700 section.

Ghostflyer1

Finless Bob has a good build video for the Trex 700 and it will basically be the same. ONe thing I noticed is that the thrust bearing is going inside the sealed bearing on the main blade grips. On the 600 the thrust bearing went in after the sealed bearing. As for battery chargers I have an Imax dual port 400w charger now and prefer to charge the batteries individual instead of parallel. I can do 2 500mah batteries now in about 35 mins vs the 1hour 45 mins off my original triton charger.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=74703
Here is a link to Finless Bobs build. He is building a nitro version but the airframe is basically the same. I followed his advice and cleaned the feathering shaft threads with alcohol and the screws so that it will not mess with the threadlock. Better safe than sorry. If this is your first build make sure you take your time with it and get everything precise. Close enough does not work with Helicopters and the last thing you want is loosing control of a 700. They can hurt you severely.

lenny7118

Hi, your IMAX dual port charger did it come with cables with bullet connectors on it ? My Turnigy 5000mah 6s paks have 5.5mm bullet connectors on them factory installed. I will be charging one bat at a time to be safe.
Thanks,
Lenny7118

Ghostflyer1

Hi, your IMAX dual port charger did it come with cables with bullet connectors on it ? My Turnigy 5000mah 6s paks have 5.5mm bullet connectors on them factory installed. I will be charging one bat at a time to be safe.
Thanks,
Lenny7118

Lenny
it comes with stripped ends. I soldered deans connectors on them since that is what I use. There is a guy who makes a spider which is every connector known in one bundle that you can use to cross to whatever connection you are going to. I am sorry but I do not remember the website that comes from but I will ask Ed. With my charger you can safely charge two, I would put them on concrete floor and not close to anything that can burn. I tend to wait until I am going out to fly then I charge them. Keep a fire ext. handy. While I have never had any problems, I would rather be safe than sorry. I store them in a metal ammo case which I do not seal the lid.

Ghostflyer1

I finally got to a point where I could start putting it together. Im doing a build video but it may be boring for you.. I now have the rotor head together and its HUGE!!!! Starting on the main frame here in a few minutes

Top Bottom