Changed Time Options

Tony

Staff member
I was doing some looking and needed to take off the "1 hour ago / 1 day ago" and put on the actual date and time. I'm going to leave this up for a while to see what you guys think about it. It shows the exact date and time that something was posted and is more accurate than the way I had it.

There is also the option of having "Today", "Yesterday", and then the date and time like it is now.

I like it the way it is now but this is a members forum and I would like to get your opinion. Give it a bit and let me know what you think.

Lee

Nothing to do with that. I just think it looks neater than having all those numbers in the corner.

RandyDSok

I've never cared for the "today / yesterday" formats... give me a real time/date anytime. i am surprised that it isn't offered and a user option since everyone will likely have different preferences.

Tony

Staff member
I've never cared for the "today / yesterday" formats... give me a real time/date anytime. i am surprised that it isn't offered and a user option since everyone will likely have different preferences.

That is what I was thinking. Unfortunately, it's not an option on this software.

Tony

Staff member
hahaha. I have to admit, I like the 1 minute, 1 hour and so on format much better. However, if I have to do anything that needs a specific time or date, I will have to change it back for a bit. But I think the minute, hour, day format is what will stay on here. It's just cleaner.

stokke

hahaha. I have to admit, I like the 1 minute, 1 hour and so on format much better. However, if I have to do anything that needs a specific time or date, I will have to change it back for a bit. But I think the minute, hour, day format is what will stay on here. It's just cleaner.

Yes. I'm on the forum every day, so it's easier for me to see what's old and what's new. Also, you use the MM-DD-YYYY which is WRONG! hahaha (we use DD-MM-YYYY). :D

Tony

Staff member
You also use the metric system, case closed hahaha.

And another way to know what's new is to click "What's New" at the top of the forum. It will show a list of all threads that have new posts in them. Unlike other forums, we have active marking which means the thread will show new until you either read it, or click "Mark Forums Read".

Tony

Staff member
That's the way it is now and has been for a while. You may have to click Ctrl+f5 to clear the cache for the forum to see it.

Top Bottom