Servos Centering servo

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello everyone. When it comes to centering tail servo, should the tail servo moves back to center by it self after yawing right or left? or will the servo stay where it is?

Slobberdog

depends what mode the gyro is in,

in heading hold it will stay where you have inputed it until the heli finds that heading then centre,

in rate mode it will return to centre

Derek

So...here's a question that came to mind today.

How can I be sure that my servo's are "truly" centered? If the sub trims are at zero, the tx trims are in the middle position......when you power up the servo's, are they then "truly" centered?

I'm having some troubles with my 600, still.

After getting my servo's centered (I think they are centered), getting the servo arms 90'd (I think they are 90'd), getting the linkages 90'd to the servo arm (I think they are 90'd). When I go to level the swash plate, my aileron linkage needs to be lengthened quite a few turns and the pitch servo needs to be shortened a bit. The DFC linkage arms are as short as can be and are the same length. Then when I check the +/- blade pitch..it's insanely WAY OFF.

Anyway..I'm sure i'll wanna talk more about the 600 in my 600 thread, but I am just wondering about getting the servos "truly" centered.

pvolcko

If you are Ikon or 7200BX and have been through the swash leveling process, then when you power up they are not centered, they are adjusted as you adjsuted them in the swash leveling step of setup. To see true zero/center you need to enter the setup and reset the swash to 0 adjustment or neutral. On Ikon there are numbers in the step display for each adjustment and you can just set them back to 0. On 7200BX on swash centering/leveling step there are four states you select between: one for each servo adjustment in which all servos are at their "adjusted" center position and then the fourth state where they are all at true center without any adjustment by the 7200BX. 3GX I don't know if there is a way to have it bypass adjusted centering/leveling settings or not.

Derek

I have Ikon on my 600. Based on what you just said, Paul....my servo's are probably all centered.

I was probably just over-thinking things.

pvolcko

Post up some vid or pics of the issue you're having. If the servos are centered, horns squared, and link lengths even, swash should be level. It may not be centered properly, but you adjust that by changing all the link lengths the same amount to get it where it needs to be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom