Flight Controllers CC3D Guru's

WyDiablo

Tried to fly my quad with CC3D today after replacing the esc's. When giving throttle and at about take off speed the left side will lift up and giving more throttle it will either flip side ways or flip and spin at the same time. Motors spin in the right direction and props are on correctly. I have checked the wire connections from the CC3D to my rx and this is how I have mine connected to my Taranis X8R rx. The red wires have beem removed from all the esc's except #2 motor.

#1.....Red/Black/White
#2.....Blue
#3.....Yellow
#4.....Green
#5.....Orange
#6.....Purple

Motor #1 to #1 pins on CC3D
Motor #2 to #2 pins
Motor #3 to #3 pins
Motor #4 to #4 pins

- - - Updated - - -

Short video clip of what it does
[video=youtube_share;3xeWvarNqR0]https://youtu.be/3xeWvarNqR0[/video]

Tony

Staff member
Video is private. I'm thinking you may have a wrong PID setting. Or a low battery. This was my issue. But lets take a look at the video and see what is going on.

Lee

I'm thinking your board orientation is wrong.
Check in the GCS when moving the quad, does the quad on screen move correctly?
If not, you need to go into the software and change board orientation.

Last edited:

WyDiablo

I can rule out the low battery because that battery is new and I have just given it a charge. Before I replaced the esc's on the quad I fly it without any problems with the CC3D turned -90 degree like it is now. I also checked yesterday to see if the quad was moving correctly in the GCS and it was doing fine. I"m thinking more now towards the grains being too high myself. I watched a old video of the quad when I did it's first maiden flight and it did pretty much the same thing. Gonna try and get the gains back to default and try another flight.

Lee

Strange, because to looks like classic board orientation flip.
As you said, put the PID back to default, and see what happens.

WyDiablo

I went back the the default gains on the flight a few minutes ago. Now on take off the first time it flipped left and on the second take off it flipped backwards. I'm going to run it through the calibration one more time and see if thing change. I have the virtural orientation of the board set to -90 degree.

WyDiablo

I did redo the calibration and did another test flight and now it flips to the right. I had another CC3D board but after several times trying to calibrate things I only had 3 motors that would spin and each time it was the same motors. So Its either my board gone bad and needs to be replaced or throw this piece of carp into my junk box.

Tony

Staff member
There are some CC3D boards out there that are nothing but issue after issue.

I know you already said this, but are you sure you have the correct motors/props in the correct location? It's easy to miss which is why I ask. And have you thought about trying to turn the CC3D around to the correct orientation? Maybe it doesn't like being turned... Just thinking out loud here.

WyDiablo

Just for the heck of things I turned the board around with the arrow pointing forward (To front of quad) and made double sure I had the motors and props correct accordingly and did a test flight and it did the same thing as before. The thing is that I had it turned -90 degree when I first built the quad and after some issues I had it flying great with the board that manner. I also spin the props by hand to make sure I have them on the right motors and they are spinning in the right direction. Like I said I now think its my fc board I have one to die right from the start when I first got the quad.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, that is kind of where I'm heading with it as well. Just wanted to cover all of the basics before you went out and purchased a new board.

Question is, what board are you going to get now?

WyDiablo

I have been reading some about the new naza 32 rev6 but I"m scared that I will end up right back to where I am right now. The other FC is my old trusted FC the naza m lite or V2 something that does not take a rocket scientist to unlock and use.

Tony

Staff member
I have been thinking about the naza. Just need more time to actually play with them lol. Keep us posted in what you end up doing. Oh, and make sure the motors and ESC's are good. Maybe put the other FC you have on there just for testing purposes. Just a thought.

WyDiablo

My other CC3D will not make all the motors spin no matter what. And the Naza M Lite or V2 that I was thinking about will not have a gps at first if ever.

Top Bottom