Quad CC3D esc beeps and not arming after crash

markblue777

Hi All,
So yesterday was out with the quad and I crashed (landed in wet grass, wet enough to have a bit of a splash). After the crash I tried to start it again, but the light on the cc3d turned green when battery was connected and it done a couple of beeps but not the full beeps the esc's normally do.

after getting home I dried it off with an air gun to remove any water and when connecting the battery it booted and armed as normal.

Any ideas on what caused this? is it a feature built into cc3d?

Cheers
Mark

EyeStation

It may have been the shock of the crash was to great. I have had that happen a couple times myself with the F3 EVO's on the micro's. Have to disconnect the battery and reboot again.

Tony

Staff member
If there was water on the board, then it likely shorted some pins out which would not allow it to arm. I would take the board out, look at it up close and clean it with a cotton swab and some IPA (isopropyl alcohol) Water in its purest form (H₂O) is not conductive, but when you add minerals (sodium, calcium. iron) it does become conductive and can short things out.

markblue777

Hmm ok them maybe there was a short being generated as after i blasted it with air to get any moisture off it did initialise as expected so maybe that was it.

I will keep and eye on it and I will also take the board out and give it a clean may try and rework some wires to get the case on it again.

Thanks
Mark

Tony

Staff member
I would definitely hit it with some alcohol. Alcohol absorbs water, but more importantly, it will remove the minerals that will corrode the electronics. I'm glad it's working.

Top Bottom