ESC CC ice 50

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
What is going on! I cant seem to get my fixed end points on my CC50. I have done this a dozen times with the CC160 but the 50 is driving me nuts. I tried everything, I mean everything. so fustrated.. that I might be jumpin simply procedure. Help me find my way fellas.:disgust:

pvolcko

Direct receiver to ESC or going through an Ikon or what?

Through an Ikon:
0) Remove blades.
1) Put ESC in helicopter mode (not governor or external-gov mode). Unplug from power source.
2) In Ikon setup, switch to advanced mode, find governor setup screen. Throttle setup section. Put two sliders to middle.
3) Put Tx at mid stick (need a linear 0-100 throttle curve setting). Power up ESC.
4) Move Tx to full stick. Move top slider in Ikon setup slowly upward/rightward until ESC beeps. Add a few points (little more right) to the slider position for safety.
5) Move Tx to low stick. Move low slider in Ikon setup slowly downward/leftward until ESC beeps. Remove a few points (little more left) to the slider position for safety.

done. Test by unplugging ESC power again, move to mid stick. Power up ESC, doesn't complete init until you move to low stick position. Move throttle sitck through full range (hold heli if necessary) to make sure all set. Then adjust ESC to gov/ext-gov mode and make other adjustments as needed.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Hey Paul! Its a Beast X and is direct receiver to ESC.
My procedure was as is:
- set ESC to Heli and fixed points.
- put Thr end points to 50% and put sticks to high. (Thr curves at linear)
- plug in ESC.
- move end points up in % to hear confirmation beeps. (nothing)

I will try sticks at Mid point then plug ESC tonight.

Last edited:

pvolcko

When you say BeastX do you mean an actual BeastX and a separate Rx or a Spektrum AR7200BX? Assuming the later, you need to jump through some hoops because the 7200BX needs to see a low stick throttle input before it will init and then start sending signals to the ESC. The reason the ESC isn't initing is because the 7200BX isn't initing.

On my helis so far with a 7200BX I've always had the ability to power the 7200BX independently of the ESC (not using a built-in BEC on the ESC). With this kind of setup it is fairly simple:
1) Power up the 7200BX with a separate power supply (battery pack into a independent BEC powering the 7200BX in my case). With Tx throttle end point low set to something low and stick at low, 7200BX completes init (servos dance).
2) Move Tx throttle endpoints (low and high) to midpoint, move stick to high position (linear curve).
3) Plug main pack into ESC.
4) Complete endpoint setup as you indicated (move high endpoint up until beep, add a few points for safety, low stick and move low endpoint lower until init beeps, plus a few points for safety).

If you are powering via a built in BEC in the ESC, you will need to either use a separate power source with a servo lead on it to plug into the 7200BX to get it powered up and inited as described above, or maybe...

I've never tried this, but it should work. Again, remove blades and be ready for unexpected spin up and need to unplug the main battery quickly.

Pull the signal pin from the throttle lead servo plug going from the ESC to the 7200BX (leave red and black connected since it powers the 7200BX). Pulling this pin will let the 7200BX init while the ESC holds in limbo waiting for a signal. Plug in the main battery pack. Once 7200BX is inited (using Tx as described in step 1 above) and the Tx is back to midpoint setup (step 2), plug the signal line into the servo plug (must remain plugged into the 7200bx, so this may be difficult, and the noise it generates may confuse the ESC or even cause endpoint settings to lock in). Then complete the steps.

This should work, i think. At least as long as when you plug in the signal pin it doesn't generate a ton of noise.

Last edited:

pvolcko

Yeah, the Ikon doesn't have this low throttle init safety "feature". Makes this setup much easier.

pvolcko

Bummer. Did you get this used or new? CC has been pretty good to me on customer service issues. If the ESC is bad then they may well replace it for you.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I reset the ESC again for old sakes and "boom" it works. IDK why it shut down the first time. so thro end ponts are all done by the way. I removed the yellow signal wire from ESC thro cable and then plugged into BX, plug main batts and BX initialized. Put thro to high and then plugged back signal wire, ESC initialized and I was able to set thro end points. Thanks Paul! no need for separate BEC.

Top Bottom