ESC Cc edge 120hv set up.... Proper head speed?

cml001

ANYONE HAVE A SETUP FILE FOR THE ALIGN 550PRO DFC... WANT TO COMPARE SETTINGS... IM RUNNING THE 850KV, 16T PINION, 112T MAIN, 6S pk, 556 BLADES... WHAT WOULD BE THE CORRECT HEAD SPEED? WHATS CONCIDERED A LOW/HIGH HEAD SPEED FOR A 550? WITH THIS PINION IT LOOKS AS THO 2300 IS ABOUT ALL ILL GET.. THATS USING 94.8% OF MY THROTTLE.. LEAVING ONLY 5.2 OF OVERHEAD. I WAS ALSO CURIOUS ABOUT WHAT I SHOULD HAVE SET UNDER THE CUTOFF AND MOTOR TABS OF THE CC SETUP AS WELL... ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRICIATED AS IM TRY'N TO SET THIS UP RIGHT.. MY FIRST CC ESC. THANKS

Last edited:

Lee

If everything is set up correctly, you should be getting around 2600 at mid pack with that set up at 100% throttle
Low for a 550 is around 2300 as you say you have, but thats with 520 blades not 556.

Soft cut off for both Volts and Current

cml001

1950, 2150, & 2300 sound good for 556mm blade?

- - - Updated - - -

Lee what are u gonna run ur 570 at?

- - - Updated - - -

Pwm at 8 or 12?

cml001

Anyone using the arming lock with their ESC? Seems a nice feature for saftey on the bench or at the field.. Also seems another possible point of failure.. Anyone?

murankar

Staff member
I have one installed on my X3. At first it wasn't working because I THOUGHT I enabled it on the esc. Turns out I did not save the set up so I reprogrammed it and all is good.

I had at least 3 pilots on Saturday tell me I didn't need it on a 450 but was a good safety feature to have.

Installing was easy after drilling a hole in the side frame. I then wrapped electrical tape around the whole so the the switch is not touching carbon. It is recommended that it be grounded from the frames or installed in plastic. Not many options on a 450 so I chose the frame. I think my pics of the X3 show the key lock with the key inserted.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
Its in one of my x3 posts. Let me see if they are in my account and I will link you to them. I don't think it's in my build videos in the blog section.

murankar

Staff member
Apparently I did not up load any pics. If I did I have no clue where they are. My avatar shows it installed on the right frame which is technically the left side in the picture.

Right now I feel like I got hit by a freight train with a flue like illness.

Its super easy to install, plug the key lock into a free rx channel then plug the white esc wire into the lock wire harness. Then enable it in the pc software and save changes.

When the key is inserted the esc is disengaged, remove key then fly.

Top Bottom