ESC CC Castle Link USB Programming Kit

Derek

I've been looking over the "how-to" on connecting the USB Programming Kit to my CC Phoenix Ice 2 80 HV ESC and the CC BEC Pro. Connecting the kit to the ESC seems easy enough. I just hope that the CC Castle Link Programming still recognized my "discontinued" ESC.

My question is more towards the CC BEC Pro. How do I hook up the Castle Link to the BEC? It looks to me that I am in need of a female to female servo wire. I see on the top of the CC BEC Pro, there are 3 pins...then on the side of the BEC, near the 3 pins, it says "Link Port". Ok...so from my laptop, I'll connect the USB end of the Castle Link. The other end of the Castle Link has an odd shaped connector that connects to the actual "Castle Link" adapter. This adapter also has three pins. Do I need to run a servo extension from the Castle Link to the Link Port on the BEC or am I missing something? Here is a diagram from the CC website:

CC BEC Pro Diagram.png

any thoughts?

CC BEC Pro Diagram.png

pvolcko

Nope you got it, standard servo wire should go the trick. I would have expected either the BEC Pro or the castle link to come with a small patch cable for just this purpose. I swear my BEC Pro came with one.

Derek

Thanks for that, Paul! I'll have to make up an extension cable to do this. The BEC Pro that I have came on the helicopter and there was no servo cable that came with the Castle Link that I ordered directly from CC. Odd!

Derek

Thanks for adding to the topic, Lee! That explains why the Castle Link (bought new) did not come with it. No worries though. I have several hundred feet of 22 gauge wire (discarded at work, lol) that I use to make my own servo extensions for my planes. I buy the servo connectors from A Main Hobbies. I'm sure I can make up another one for this application.

In the directions, on the CC site (and in the image above), it says it's a 2-wire jumper. In the image, it looks like an orange wire and a black wire. Would that be the signal lead and the negative lead?

Derek

Thanks Lee! Awesome help!

Looks to be about 6-7 inches long and it's definitely the negative and signal wires.

:chickendance::twothumbsup:

Top Bottom