250 catching it before it became a problem OXY 3 TE 2018

murankar

Staff member
So i will be the dumb a today. My lock tight isnt lock tighting any more in a couple spots. Yesterday it was the DFC ball links on the swash. Today my boom was loose and the tail servo was missing a fastener. I will say that the head felt way better today than yesterday. Lot more locked in or connected. Lets see what happens to the tail. It still has a faster wag so lets see if fixing it correctly helps before i dail out any more gain.

Just checked the 3 servo to swash links in thr swash samething. Then i spot checked the rest of the frame. I think i got them all. Looking better. Lets see how things go tomorrow.

Flight count since monday 9 flights. Nothing to write hone about just basic orentation and elevation control. Trying to get back to side in and nose in.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
My flight count definition is very loose right now. It does however include a full pack. So i am flying for at least 3 minutes in total. As long as the skids leave the ground it counts. Untill i get my skills dusted off all i am doing is what a sim would do. Side is nose in tail in hovering and some forward flight. Its all still sloppy at best. In the process i am finding things that need addressed as the vibrations work on the frame. This weekend i might be pulling the main and tail hubs apart and doing some love there. Maybe ill post screen shots of my battery log for some kind of proof. Ill let you all know now i just added my packs yesterday and i still have one more pack to add.

murankar

Staff member
Last night I made the almost mistake of updating the multifunction hobbywing program box and esc in the OXY3. I didnt make notes on the settings prior to the updates. Thank god I got it right. I just did a test hover and I still have 1 OXY3 TE and not 2 halves.

murankar

Staff member
Just got back from the old soccer fields. Did some messing around with the tail settings adjust I from 60 to 55. The tail felt a little loose so I bumped it up to 58 and felt a bit better. the wag seems to have been fixed. I then had to consult google for the tail pre comp because the new software in the radio doesn't have it listed as such. Now its called collective add. the setting I had was 10 so I dropped it to 5. This has helped with tail blowout on pitch pumps/hard climes. Got another 4 packs today I might go out again tomorrow and see about another 4 packs.

As for flying I am getting back into left to right and right to left flying. Still working on side in and have not thought about nose in yet but its next. I have been able to do nose in before. I finally got it on the 570 first.

Top Bottom