ESC castle Talon 15 programming

Slobberdog

guys this is a first for me.

not had an esc that I need to programme this way before, out of the box there does not seem a lot to be able to alter, so I guess you require the adaptor to adjust almost everything.

The question is can I use it on defaults from the factory or would this be a bad idea.

just gone to order my adaptor and the code don't work, lol my luck I suppose:no:. Email to my supplier and CC sent so waiting for the responses, :popcorn:

cml001

Yeah the thinggie didn't work for me either, but it does state on that page if it doesn't to take a pic of the coupon and send them an email.. Got mine in about 5 days doin it that way.

Slobberdog

have sent them an email and was given a direct email address of someone else so that person has an email to, will see how long they take to get back to me.

given its breakfast time out in your neck of the woods they should be seeing the emails soon,

I expect it will take a fair bit of time to cross the pond to me once I get the code sorted out.

Slobberdog

well just had an email back from CC code sent to them and they are going to process it for me, just awaiting the shipping time now.

lets see how long it takes to swim the pond.

Slobberdog

been waiting just about 2 weeks for a servo, and no sign.

just been told by CC that it prob be 4 weeks

Lee

Mate I'd send you mine, but i'm programming my Goblin right now.
If I finish the set up next week, maybe we can get it to you.
Or may be you could blag one from a LHS to borrow for set up.

Slobberdog

Thanks Lee, but Cam offered, but still thanks mate, would have hoped someone in the club would have stepped up and offered but none did, a little disappointed I was.

It's a shame it's only the very basic you can do without it,

There will be questions though I guarantee,

Slobberdog

Right guys first question on the Talon, the soft start is controlled by the power delivery value options are 2, 5, 8 I think and I think this also controls the power steps between norm IU etc,
I am at 5 at the moment but going between norm IU and IU 2 there's no sense of urgency with the esc its moves up a gear slowly not jerky, what are you guys value for this,

pvolcko

Soft start should only affect startup ramp up speed. Once ramped up the rate of transition between Normal, IU1, and IU2 would be controlled by the "head speed change rate" setting. And besides the 2, 5, 8 presets available you can also use a "custom" setting on each with more/wider options.

Slobberdog

Thanks Paul, think I might have put it across wrong the soft start is done from the heli setting, the rate then is for how quick it spools I thought

Will have to sit in front of it with a bit more patience.

Slobberdog

Have been on you tube and found the software has initial spool up setting and head speed change setting, now understand what I need to change

Top Bottom