ESC Castle Phoenix Edge HV 120amp .... no throttle signal????

Westy

LEGEND
hey all .... I have just replaced my YEP 120HV ESC with a Castle Phoenix Edge 120 amp ..... as my YEP ESC died (well that is what I thought) .....

I have configured the Phoenix Edge as heli etc ... sent config to it .... read from the device and all seems fine .... plugged it in and it beeps the 12 cell count.... but when I try to callibrate the ESC to the Throttle .... (yep I have set hte throttle curve to linear (0 - 25 - 50 - 75 - 100) .....)

Well.... when I power it up at full throttle to initiate the learning mode...... it will not go into programming mode..... all other functions of the servos are working ... using an IKON FBL controller.....

How do I test to see if a signal is coming out of the controller??????

Could it be because I have set up the Phoenix to auto rotation enable?

Anyone set one of these up before? or had any issues like this before ... I am starting to think maybe I may have mis diagnosed the issue as the ESC being faulty in the first place......

Tony

Staff member
First thing I would check is your throttle trim. Make sure it's in the middle and not all the way down. This could cause you to not reach full throttle. You can plug a servo into the throttle channel and see if it's even getting a signal. If not, then make sure your T-Hold is not on. You can even go into the monitor menu to see if the throttle channel is moving.

Westy

LEGEND
Check ... Check and Check ..... all good ... Throttle output issue not in the FBL controller .... or the cable from the FBL to the ESC output cable..... must be a config issue..... and it is not getting a signal or ignoring it.
Will Try disable Auto Rotation bypass..... see what happens .. 2 heads are better than 1 aye!

Thanks Tony!

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE ..... All Sorted ....

There is a set up process needed to callibrate the Throttle
Fixed-Endpoints
Fixed-Endpoints will set zero-throttle and full-throttle points to fixed values so that the ESC does not have to learn from your transmitter. If you are using this mode, you will most likely want to change the EPA settings on your transmitter to allow full throttle resolution with the throttle stick. To do this, turn on your TX and set normal mode in the transmitter for a linear throttle curve (0,25,50,75,100). Bring your high side and low side endpoints on your throttle channel down to 25%, plug in the battery pack with the throttle stick at full (it won't start up), then bring your high endpoint back out towards (and sometimes past) 100% until you hear a single tone. Next, bring your throttle stick down to the bottom position and bring the endpoint out from 25% out towards (and possibly past) 100% until you hear the ESC arm. Unplug the battery pack, wait a few seconds, then plug back in and verify that the throttle is working properly.

Once I did this .... all Good in the Hood! .... But alas .... it is now pouring down with a nice summer rain .... but sun still out LOL ..... will go out and give it a lash as soon as I get a chance! ... Video too of course.....

Lee

Yep thats the way i calibrated my CC Ice 100A. Glad you got it working.

Westy

LEGEND
Meee Too ... Took my Gobby out for a spin in the air last night ..... went pretty well. .... but am going to run the Gov mode and get some stable RPM out of the ESC ...... se :):):) up ... and just about to embark on a mission out into yonder ... to fly baby fly!

Top Bottom