ESC Castle Link USB Programming Kit

Derek

I see that my 600 has the Castle ICE HV 80 Brushless ESC and I also see that Castle Creations has this ESC listed in the "Discontinued" section of their website. Hmmm....

I'm nearing the point that I want to check on the settings of this ESC (slow spool up and low voltage cut off). Is there a way to do this?

I do see that CC offers a Castle Link USB Programming Kit for $24.95. Is this something that I'm going to need?

I didn't do any of the ESC programming on my 500, so I'm afraid that I just don't know what I'm doing.

Any ideas?

Derek

Even though my ESC has been discontinued, this Castle Link USB Programming Kit should still work without issues, right?

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Correct! You can still can program thru USB. The CC program is straight forward and you will see once you are in program mode via PC. I got it on my 450 and it runs greatimage.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Derek

Ok, thanks guys! I'll put in a order for one soon. I think I'm gonna be needing it!

Lee

Derek,
As Anthony said, the programming is very easy with the USB link.
I have a ticket to get a free USB cable, but its somewhere at my mothers house. If you don't have one before i get a chance to go over there and find it, i'll send it to you. Every CC ESC comes with this free USB ticket. I had already bought the cable before i got the ESC, so didn't need the free one.
Maybe someone else on the forum with a CC will also have a free ticket lying around. ;)

Derek

I ordered this Castle Link Programming USB late last night and paid via PayPal, as usual. Just got an email from Castle saying that it has been shipped already. That's oustanding!!! I imagine I'll have it by Monday. Very cool!!!

Derek

My package came today. The package contained the Castle Link Programming USB kit. I'm looking forward to seeing how this thing works. I've never done this before so it's something new for me to learn.....awesome!!! :onthego:

After opening the package, I had to laugh...my local hobby shop carries this same kit. I didn't know that what I ordered and what the LHS had were the same thing, lol. If I would have known that, I could have had the USB kit last week, lol, and saved some money on shipping.

Well, ya live and ya learn, lol

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Don't you just love it when that happens. I need to see if my ESC has the port on it so that I can so the tuning. If not, then I'm going to save my pennies for a new ESC that is just awesome.

Top Bottom