600 Castle Ice HV80 Endpoints Settings Trouble

DrDreRC

Hello all! I am a new member and really appreciate all the threads and videos I have seen so far.
I have a Trex 600 efl pro that I have been doing some upgrading on.
I upgraded to the Ikon HD 2 flybarless system. I am still using my Castle HV80 esc but I cannot get it to set its endpoints. It flashes red and counts off the cell numbers but does not arm.
I have the latest software for the Ikon and the Castle HV80. I am just trying to use the Castle as the Multirotor setting and not the Gov.
I have went thru the full setup on the Ikon program. And the setup on the Castel Program. I have set a linear throttle curve in my DX8 radio.
What am I missing?
Appreciate any help!!

Attachments

• Trex 600 Pic1.1.jpg
    Trex 600 Pic1.1.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 4

Tony

Staff member
Try setting your throttle end point to a lower position at low stick. Castle is known for having a really low "low stick" to arm the ESC. You will need to redo the collective setup in the Ikon, but I will almost bet it's the low stick end point that is keeping it from arming.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
You might also try to use the helicopter/fixed endpoints setting and then set the end points. Multi rotor does some weird stuff to the controller. Just a thought.

DrDreRC

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried these and the Castle still does not arm.
I know this is crazy but follow me here:
I switched the lead wire from the Castle from CH-1 to CH-2. When I powered up the Castle it beeped off 12 count for my cells. Then it did the multiple beep like it was armed! but no throttle response when I took the throttle stick positive.
I pushed the trainer bind button to test the rescue feature and the motor started to spool up! Weired I know. I decided to just hold the Trainer Bind button and the motor spooled up and went to a higher speed and stayed there.
I am beginning to think its how I have my switches in my DX8?
Seems like you can only jockey Gear, Aux 2 and 3 with the DX8.
My Trainer switch is set to Aux3. I wanted the trainer button to be my rescue for a one time push instead of a switch I could accidentaly bump.
I also had the F Mode switch set to Aux 2 but I assigned the Gyro to Aux 2 as thats how my old setup was. Now Gear switch is available but I just left the F Mode on Inh since it has a seperate setting. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Let me know. Thanks,

DrDreRC

I tried the instructions above and the Castle still does not arm. It is really acting strange with the Aux3. I turned on the Governor and tied it to the F Mode. while adjusting the percentages the motor would fire up, but I know this is not the right way to do this.
If anyone with experience with the DX8 and the Ikon 2 HD unit, along with a Trex 600 pro please feel free to call me at 317-540-8663. Thanks, Andre'
I know its not easy trying to diagnose these issues over the thread here.

buel williams

I tried the instructions above and the Castle still does not arm. It is really acting strange with the Aux3. I turned on the Governor and tied it to the F Mode. while adjusting the percentages the motor would fire up, but I know this is not the right way to do this.
If anyone with experience with the DX8 and the Ikon 2 HD unit, along with a Trex 600 pro please feel free to call me at 317-540-8663. Thanks, Andre'
I know its not easy trying to diagnose these issues over the thread here.
welcome aboard, your DX8 not much different than my 6 and 9. your ikon can't say I am spectrum ar7200 thru and thru. I have a castle talon90 tried to program with castle link not to much help going to replace with hobbywing.

Top Bottom