ESC castle ice 2 120a hv esc

PHIL1234

i got the castle ice 2 120a hv esc with my 700e dfc kit i bought ec5 serial harness and some extra ec5 connectors but when i went to solder the esc to the connector way to big on the esc its 8awg can someone please help with this
soldering dilema.

thanks phil

pvolcko

I'm not sure I understand the problem. I have soldered EC5's to CC 120HV ESCs before with no issue. I usually have to either snip a few strands of the esc wire off to get it to fit into the connector, or I get the tinned end of the the wire heated up a bit and use a pair of flat grip pliers to crush the end to form it so it will fit into the connector for soldering. Is that the issue you're talking about, or something else? If something else, can you take a picture and post it to give us a clear idea of what the problem is?

Lee

Yeh its a tight fit if you have too much solder on the end of the wire.
I fill the end of the bullet half full of solder.
Tin the end of the wire, then file off enough to make it fit back into the bullet.
Push the wire in and heat up the side of the bullet with the iron, until the wire slips into the cup.

cml001

I used an iron to tin & fill the cup, ensure it's able to slide in as Lee said.. But once the cup is about half full & the wire is tin'd.. I used a small torch to heat up the cup while sliding in the wire.

- - - Updated - - -

http://m.lowes.com/product?langId=-1&storeId=10702&catalogId=10051&productId=50126415&store=2366&view=detail&nValue=SEARCH
This comes in handy on larger gauge wire.. As well as jig
http://thejigsup.net
The jig was major for me! Best tool on my bench! Makes it easy!

Erfan

I usually tin the cable, wait for it to cool and then use some sort of "demel tool" and use the tool that can "sand/grind" metall in order to remove just a little bit around the tin cable to make it fit.
I make sure to remove the same on all sides (the cable is round, the tin around the cable is round, make sure to grind it round). It will fit perfectly after couple of minutes of work...

You can do the same with batteries which usually also have thick wires.

Sorry if some words perhaps are not correct, I'm not sure what its called in english when you "sand" or "grind" or whatever its called...
But the below pic should explain which tool I mean... ;)
Its the brown flat and round part in the middle...

dremel-3000-series-eqtR.jpg

By the way, what is that called in english? Do you grind?

dremel-3000-series-eqtR.jpg

Top Bottom