General Castle ESC video

sneezy007

Hi guys,

Has Tony or anyone else done an instructional video on how to program Castle ESC's?
I just bought a Logo 500 from a friend and have to reprogram the Castle ESC. I've never done that before.

Thanks,
Dino

trainrider06

I'm not sure, but you'll need to download the program from Castle and have the dongle to plug into the ESC for starters.
Been a long time since I programmed one but it wasn't really hard to do. Biggest thing is making sure you have your throttle end points set.

Derek

Yeah, setting up a Castle esc is really quite easy. You'll download the software from Castle Creations, Inc.. You'll use the Castle Link USB cable. Plug the USB end of the cable into the esc and power it up. Turn on the software. When the software loads up, it should automatically select the appropriate esc. You'll just go through the setup in each tab and save.

holtneil

Hi mate if your running a governor , used the fixed head speed set up its really nice , use soft start too , what I do is start the soft start with a low voltage start up so there is no kick as the blades start up , there will be a tiny whistle from the ESC but this is normal for the castle ,this is the HV 120 amp on my Goblin there is no kick at all on start up
Goblin 630 with throttle wedges removed from DX9 - YouTube
And this on the cobra
Cobra 500 short flight zoomed in a little on camera - YouTube

Last edited:

sneezy007

Hi guys,

Thanks for the information, I do have the software installed and have the Castle Link USB cable. I'm picking up my Logo 500 tomorrow in which I have to go through the AR7200BX set up and Castle set up. I see that Tony has a video on the AR7200BX set up. I'll check that out first. I love the soft start, you don't get the jerk from the torque of the blades.

Cheers,
Dino

Top Bottom