ESC Castle Creations

I have a 450 size helicopter with brand new servos brand new tail Servo and brand new Castle Talon 35 amp ESC. I have a castle link I've hooked it up it was all green light I played with the governor settings did the calibration for the throttle. Can somebody explain in beginner language how to set up a castle Talon ESC from the beginning. I have been trying for 2 months.

Smoggie

If you have set up governor and calibrated the throttle then the ESC is ready to go.. What else are you unsure of?

Derek

Following that PDF that Smoggie gave will be a great help. My two cents is that a 450 helicopter really doesn't benefit from using the governor. I would just set up the 450 without the governor.

At this point I'll try anything that works originally that's the way I had it with no Governor I put a new Castle ESC and now it will not spool up fast enough to give it flight I did the endpoints now I'm going to try the governor thing I do not know what's wrong with it

Tony

Staff member
I do wish I knew more about these things, but I have never actually programmed one. Even on the 550 of @callsign4223 he is the one that read up on the castle ESC in that heli and he just set his endpoints in his Tx so that it would spool and fly. One of these days I will get the chance to program one lol.

I got a lot of great information I've been waiting all day to get off work to go and do it I'm pretty confident however I started feeling sick so I'm not going to be able to get to it till tomorrow but I believe I will conquer this problem the only other thing is some people said that there's some kind of something with a beast x gyro. Even on the castle website they have under the technical part. they have a special thead for the Beast X

Smoggie

Personally I prefer using governor mode on all my helis regardless of size, I much prefer the constant headspeed it gives. But having said this, governor is not essential. Your heli should fly fine in linear throttle mode. If you aren’t getting enough headspeed then that is not due to lack of governor.

I give up I've tried everything that you guys have said I've copied the PDF to the letter I worked on it for 4 hours today I took off work and I don't care which way I do it it does the same thing at Mid throttle you start to give it throttle and the motor loses power until it shuts off . and a green light will flash sometimes. sometimes the red light will Flash and make beeping sounds it just will not go. The endpoint I do it just like it says it works perfect and then I add two more clicks on high. two more clicks on low then I go into Governor set mode. I borrowed my ESC from the Align and the motor and plug everything into the gyro of this helicopter but with the Align motor and ESC and it seems to work fine. I'm open for any more suggestions before I throw it in the garbage can.

Tony

Staff member
Without having it in my hands, I'm not sure what is going on with it. It seems you have done everything, but some setting somewhere is keeping it from going to 100% throttle.

Smoggie

What's the age and condition of the batteries? Losing power and shutting down as you attempt to increase power sounds like the symptom of a old or damaged battery that can no longer supply enough amps.

I wish I could do more but distance makes it hard. Sounds like Tony is your man!

Dennis H

The best advice I can give you: Watch a few YouTube video's explainng setup.

I have learned a lot from watching some of them, then with any technical questions, I will ask in a Forum. I hope this helps.

set up a castle Talon ESC - YouTube

When you pull the above video up, many more will show up. I have learned and pick up pieces from watching as many as I can.

Top Bottom