General Castle 50 Lite

Matt

Any way to fix this? This is how I got it delivered from an eBay purchase. I was thinking going to my local hobby store and asking them if they can fix it. Other than that, I’m at a loss..

jacobcreek

If you recently purchased that from ebay, contact the seller and see if you can get a replacement. Otherwise you would need either servo crimp and some connectors, or servo wires and servo crimp and solder the new servo wires.

Matt

Thank you! I’ll have to get some male and female servo connectors and one of those crimping tools

murankar

Staff member
Illl be honest either buy a new one, send it to castle to fix or fix it yourself. Castle is awseome with doing reapairs. Not sure what it would cost.

Cyclone 7

I wouldn't attempt a fix - you will be forever distrusting it. I would send it to Castle - they'll likely hang on to it for rewiring and send you a replacement at minimal cost(if any). That is my guess, at least.

murankar

Staff member
They would just resolder new wires in place. Its four wires and 20 minutes of work. If you can solder you can handle this repair. The only thing that could be an issue is if they used led free solder, then you will need a tourch to get it hot enough.

Tony

Staff member
That is unfortunate. As others have stated though, if you can solder and have good tips on your iron, you can just solder a new lead onto the ESC and you can make it the length you need for a clean wiring job. Or also you can sent it to Castle and they can do it. It's amazing they would even sell something like this...

Matt

The only thing I can think of is bad luck. I ordered this from eBay and it was delivered. I opened the sealed package and soldered the battery connector on and soldered the motor connectors on. Then I noticed the cut on the receiver wire. I don't know if it came that way or if in the process of soldering on the connectors it got cut. I did open a return with who I got it from on eBay, but I would have to pay return shipping. I looked on their feedback page and a couple people said they delivered a defective product. I havent had much time for this since working too much but will give this priority. I appreciate the feedback. Ive got a 40 amp ESC on the way so I'll have to decide if I'm going to use this one or the 40 amp ESC

Matt

What I mean by bad luck is I got home from work the other day and my cat jumped up on the table and knocked off my vaporizer and broke it so now I’m out another $80 lol

Top Bottom