Quad Carpe Diem.....................NOT

Graham Lawrie

I think its a Hextronik? MultiWii PRO Flight Controller w/MTK GPS Module. Looking for a manual and programme to go in it, idiots guide:)

- - - Updated - - -

Found it:)

Graham Lawrie

Managed to get the correct software downloaded and the quad working.

Stumbled across a neat bit of software called Multi Gui that you can hook up Arduino to and shows everything working live without plugging in a battery.

Wires to tidy up and hopefully a maiden and video:) tomorrow

Graham Lawrie

Right, new blades arrived:) I fitted them and spooled up. She just wants to tip over:( I guess I have something set up wrong?
I held it and spooled up and could feel it wanting to tip over?

I set it down on grass and spooled up full and it inverted effortlessly:)

So things to check please.
Cheers
Graham

Stambo

Basics first, make sure the motors spin in the right direction and the props are on the right motors.

pvolcko

Yeah, make sure the motor directions and prop directions are matched up. Then check correction directions. Spin up about half way, tip it and see that it attempts to right itself instead of draw it further into the tip.

- - - Updated - - -

To test the motor assignments spin it up maybe 1/3 of the way, then give it hard cyclic inputs and see if the proper motors speed up and slowdown. Could leave props on too, shouldn't matter so long as you use a slow enough throttle position.

Stambo

Check:) First thing I did. I am thinking it is a firmware issue? Like motors not assigned correct?

Quite possible, I assume you have done all the calibrations it asked for?

Yours should be the second one in this link.
Even though it is an H, layout is same as X.

Also if you have a lipo alarm or a piezo buzer of any kind, toss it as far as you can.
They have a detrimental effect on the onboard compass.

Last edited:

Graham Lawrie

Yes it is x:) I have all the programmes but my son dropped my laptop and has dislodged the hard drive. I will connect it this weekend and go through the set up:)

Top Bottom