Quad Carbon core X4 650 quad build

wolfman76

are those scorpion motors??? or they just look like scorpions??? plus man that quad looks like it is going to be HUGE can't wait to see this build!!!

wolfman76

awe a multiwiicopter power board i have one on my spider quad along with the multiwiicopter vr4 paris board and mag compass board also have the lcd screen for itis only like 1"x1"

- - - Updated - - -

what are the dimensions of the quad????

- - - Updated - - -

i still have not used those motors i got from you yet lol... i made motor mounts but have to cut the last 5 out still

Last edited:

WyDiablo

LOL the dimensions of the quad are 650MM motor to motor center line. I"m selling my DJI F550 over in the for sale section.

Karubah

Thats going to be one VERY NICE quad. What size props are you going to run? Can't wait to see the video of it flying.

WyDiablo

I will try out the props I have right now which are 10"x4.7, 11"x4.7 and I"m ordering a set of 12"x6 apc props. I think the 12"x6 apc will work the best.

WyDiablo

Still waiting on my screws for the motor mounts. That's why all the wires going everywhere right now. They will be here Saturday I hope then I can clean up the wire mess and get everything lined up to fly I hope. Trying to figure out where to put the GPS and my xtv. I was thinking about putting the gps on the top center plate but dunno how that would work.

Karubah

Looking good. The GPS puck should be as far away from any electronics as you can get it. Less cause for interference from RF. Cant wait to see it fly.

WyDiablo

Yea I figured that putting the gps on top center it would be away from the other electronics and I would only have one dimension to deal with. I'm trying to decide if I need to start with default gains or use the ones from my hexa.

Karubah

If you can remember what the hexa weighed and weigh the quad it might give you a staring point for your gains. I personally would start with default and work from there as your dealing with 2 less props and a different configuration and motor size and possibly prop size. I have no doubt you have already worked out what I have said.lol. Cheers

WyDiablo

I was going to take the default gains and the gains that I used with the AMP2814 motors on the hexa and then split the difference. The X4 CC 650 weights about the same as my hexa did maybe a pound lighter than the hexa. So I will try that gains up the middle and see how things go. My motors screws are scheduled to be delievered tomorrow but they arrived at my post office yesterday and then the pickerheads shipped them to the north part of my state for some stupid reason. I just hope I still get them by tomorrow.

Top Bottom