Quad Carbon core X4 650 complete

WyDiablo

Having trouble getting all the motors to sync. 2 or 3 will start and the others start slow and try to catch up with the other motors. But after a few seconds they are all spinning. I have switched my motor speed in the assistant from mid-range to high range to see if that makes a difference.

Karubah

She looks great.!! Just one little suggestion the puck is very close to the ESC s so you could get interference from them and send her into the ground. If you have a bit of dowel or plastic rod laying about it might pay to lift it up a bit or put some foil shielding underneath and around the puck.

Can't wait to see you get it in the air.

Oh one other thing have you run the motors without props after changing the motor idle speed to high, just to check the speed that they are spinning, you dont want it to lift off and fly away at idle. I read in one of the forums somewhere that that happened to bloke and that was the last he saw of his quad. lol

WyDiablo

Yea I did not think about the gps at the time I was installing it after I broke the stem yesterday. But after looking at it some last nite I though you dummy you should not have put that gps that low<<<<<old brain fart again lolol. Yea I am wondering about changing the motor speed to high and not knowing exactly what it will do on spool up. I just have not been able to figure out why the motors will not sync. I ran it throu the naza assistant and everthing checks out ok I'm wondering if its the esc's that's causing
the problem.

UPDATE
I re-calibrated the ecs's one at a time and moved my motors idle speed up to the high position and now all motors start at one time now and the motor speed is normal. Now I just need to recalibrate the gps.

Last edited:

Karubah

Excellent... I hope you can manage to video the maiden, it would be great to see it and I hope it goes well.

WyDiablo

Trying to wait out the 105 Deg (110 heat index) heat wave so I can stand out there for a while and maiden the quad and film with the gopro

Tony

Staff member
Ah, so you are putting up with the same crap that we are putting up with here in Ok.! I feel your pain. We have been moving throughout the night just to combat not only the heat, but also the MASSIVE wasp issue we have here (won't miss that, we have all 4 kinds here. Red with black wings, yellow and black, solid black and those HUGE cicada Killers).

Hope you get the quad in the air soon!

WyDiablo

Yea we have those same kind of wasp here also. I just came from outside trying to get the gps into calibration mode. I know I was out there over 30 mins flipping that dang switch and all I got was a blinking single green light. Got pissed when the bug man drove by with that stinking spary and clled it quits.

UDATE:
I did not know that you can calibrate the compass inside the house but you can.

Last edited:

WyDiablo

In the naza assistant why would my Aileron not have 100% travel both ways? All sticks center up in the naza including the aileron.

Karubah

I'm not sure but from memory one of the travel limits is set to 85%. My TX is down in the shed so will have a look and let you know in a few hrs time. For the life of me I can't remember which servo it's on, getting old is a proper bugger for the memory I generally have to wright everything down.

See, I can't even remember how to spell " write" lol

Last edited:

WyDiablo

Well guys the maiden of my quad will have to be put on hold right now. I went outside earlier to maiden and while spooling up I noticed that 2 motors were lacking even at 50% throttle and after 50% they were still trying to catch the other 2 motors. So I disconnected the 2 good motors and connected the to slow motors to those 2 esc's and bang I had super speed even before 50% throttle. So I reconnected things back to the way the were and I had the same 2 slow motors again. No I'll have to wait on 2 new esc's and this truly sucks badddddddddddddddddd.

Karubah

We're they new esc s ? Things like this certainly put frustration into this game especially when all you want to do is go fly.
Sorry I have not given you the info I said ( got tied up with customers ) will do it today or did you get it sorted?

WyDiablo

I think I got it kinda sorted. And yes the esc's were very new less than 3 weeks old. Motors #2 and #4 spooled up before 50% throttle and motors #1 and #3 did not or half way and motor #3 did not do much at all until I got passed 50% throttle. So I disconnected all the esc's and reconnected motors #1 and #3 to the esc's of motor #2 and #4 and they spooled up fast and before 50% throttle. Then I reconnected everything back to normal as if I were going to fly and motors #1 and #3 did the same thing again would not spool up correctly.

Top Bottom