Spektrum can't get flight modes to work

I have dx9 and typically fly flight mode 2 and wanted to experiment with 4. I go to System Setup, F-mode setup, Next, then choose flight mode 4 for my Blade Nano. I was expecting the ailerons and rudder to be reversed but no change from mode 2! lol. Is there something else i need to do? I also tried assigning a 2 position switch between 2 and 4 but that showed no difference either.

Thanks.

Yup, I know I need mode 4 but my original question was I changed to mode 4 (at least I thought I did) on my dx9 but the controls didn't change as I expected. The question was more around technical help for my dx9, not necessarily which mode I needed.

Tony

Staff member
My bad, I somehow thought you were talking mode 2 to mode 1. Lots going on around here, sorry about that.

Have you went into your monitor menu and checked to see if the left stick (right left) is moving the aileron or rudder?

Okay, I just went into my DX9 and I have tried everything (as I suspect you have as well) and I can't get the modes to change. I'm going to keep looking into this. I now see what you are talking about. Give me a bit.

Tony

Staff member
Damn, I knew it had to be something simple.

Make sure you are on the model in which you want to change modes. Push the roller down and power on the Tx, this will put you in System Setup. Scroll down to System Settings and select mode 4. Now, keep clicking next until you get to the calibration screen. Center all of your sticks, sliders and the knob, then calibrate them. Once calibration is done, click Save. Now, click List to go back to the System Setup screen and power off your Tx.

Once the Tx is powered off (this is the trick!!!), PULL YOUR BATTERY! Yup, take the back cover off and unplug your battery. Wait 10 seconds or so, then plug it back in.

Power on your Tx like you normally do and when you see the main screen, scroll one time to the right (should bring up the monitor menu) and verify the rudder is now the aileron.

Hope this helps. Sorry about the confusion earlier.

That did it! Excellent, Tony, thanks. I would have never known one of the steps would have been to pull the battery. Seems like a fault in the Spektrum software but in any event, it works. Just curious, I was working with the "flight mode" options earlier but you worked with the "mode" in setup? These would appear to be different so I wasn't on the right track from the very beginning.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, you were on the Flight Mode (F-Mode). Yeah, you have to be in the system settings to change the sticks around.

And I will tell ya, if it wasn't for one little line in the manual, I never would have figured it out. But, I'm a man, I don't read manuals hahahaha. Since it's in the manual, I guess Spektrum knows about it. Let us know how swapping those around works for ya. ,

Yep, I was on F-Mode. So I wasn't even close. Main reason I want to try mode 4 is I have NAZA and it has ability to maintain altitude with stick in center/neutral position. But if i'm mode 2, i never could control rudder without affecting throttle so i was having to compensate throttle every time I want to turn right or left. with mode 4, i can control rudder and pitch on one stick and leave throttle stick alone. I'll let you know how that turns out.

Thanks again, Tony.

Top Bottom