Chargers Can't Find My DX9 Charger

Tony

Staff member
If you have read my post on the SE V2, you know that I have had some issues with it. One of which being the misplacement of my charger for my DX9. Well I had to come up with a solution and the picture below shows you how I did it.

It turns out that you can plug the DX9 battery into a balance port. So all I had to do is convert the balance port over to a regular port. And that is what the looping wire is doing.

Here is what I came up with...

image.jpg

It's at least charging...

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
And it did. I hit my two hour shut off timer lol. Had to start it again. Took about two and a half hours to charge.

Tony

Staff member
I charged my battery at .7 amps. It's a 2000mah 2s Lithium-Ion pack. I'm sure I could go higher, but seeing as I was charging through my balance leads on my paraboard, I didn't want to go too high. And lets face it, I have not had to charge this Tx in a year lmao. So a few hours charge time is nothing hahahaha.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks for the tip. I did end up finding my charger (can't remember where now, it's been a while) and it works well. Before I found it, I just charged the battery on my 306b iCharger and it worked fine. Just a pain, but much faster than the stock charger. And the stock charger is just a constant current DC power supply, nothing real special about it, other than the polarity is reversed from what most of them are.

And welcome to the forum!

Top Bottom