Servos can wires be replaced on sevos

john2012

Banned
Well good morning just want to know if the three wires comming from the servo can be replaced if so how hard is it to do my zip ties caused a rip on the wires?:(:(:(

Tony

Staff member
Moved this to the servo section. And yes, you can replace them. But you need a GOOD soldering iron with a VERY small tip to do it. And a steady hand helps as well. If you shake, you will connect the terminals together and short out your Rx.

xokia

Moved this to the servo section. And yes, you can replace them. But you need a GOOD soldering iron with a VERY small tip to do it. And a steady hand helps as well. If you shake, you will connect the terminals together and short out your Rx.
Yup. You can use a multimeter to ensure you didn't short the wires after the job is complete. I would only attempt this on expensive servos. $30 or less servo not sure its worth the effort.

heli-maniac

If these are Align ds 415m i have a few that need gears i will sell and you can take the gears out of yours with the bad wires

Tony

Staff member
Home > Forum > Vehicles > Helicopters > Servos

There is the bread crumb on how to get to the servo section. Start in teh articles section (Home) then click on teh forum section.

Top Bottom