Can someone please help me out with this?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok I am not a machinist or a mechanical engineer or the guy who know this lol

So here goes. I need to figure out the diameter of a gear from the number of teeth it will has to have on it and the mod.

I am looking for the diameter is 78t mod 1 gear

And a 76t mod 1 gear

And a 80t mod1 gear...?

I don't know how to calculate this.. I need someone's help :)

I don't know if you'll need more info here... Let me know if you do

Thank you

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
The diameter is the measurement across the face of the gear. All you need is a ruler to measure that! Lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hahahahahahahahahaha nice one.. Lol

true if this was an actual gear. I am trying to figure out dimensions for a custom project that I am doing :)
I am gonna have to get the main gear made .. :) so trying out numbers and trying to find the best fit :)
:)

Lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yes sir.. It's on paper right now... Trying to get my resources together and everything thought of before I go ahead with this ;)

Tony

Staff member
YOu will need to figure out what the pitch of the teeth are. If this is something nitro, I would use a 32 or 16 pitch. The higher the number, the smaller the tooth. I'm sure there is a calculator out there somewhere.

Edit, Here you go.

Gear Formulae - Engineers Edge

Graham Lawrie

Ok I am not a machinist or a mechanical engineer or the guy who know this lol

So here goes. I need to figure out the diameter of a gear from the number of teeth it will has to have on it and the mod.

I am looking for the diameter is 78t mod 1 gear

And a 76t mod 1 gear

And a 80t mod1 gear...?

I don't know how to calculate this.. I need someone's help :)

I don't know if you'll need more info here... Let me know if you do

Thank you

I just saw this. I think Tony has answered it? Cool to see that accross the pond we use similar web sites. I also have several books at work from companys that supply gears and toothed belts for industrial applications. Most manufacturers will build anything you want at a price$$.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
YOu will need to figure out what the pitch of the teeth are. If this is something nitro, I would use a 32 or 16 pitch. The higher the number, the smaller the tooth. I'm sure there is a calculator out there somewhere.

Edit, Here you go.

Gear Formulae - Engineers Edge

How do I calculate pitch. Or measure it.. Say I want the same pitch as a previous existing gear.. I measure tooth to tooth distance?

Tony

Staff member
Now you are going beyond what I know. I'm not sure exactly how pitch is calculated.

Graham Lawrie

How do I calculate pitch. Or measure it.. Say I want the same pitch as a previous existing gear.. I measure tooth to tooth distance?

Hi Gaba, you can get thread pitch guages that are very cheap, imperial an metric, they look a bit like feeler guage.

They can also be called screw pitch guage, you can get them on amazon or ebay.They will help you identify what pitch it is that you have.

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok I will look into this..

While this might be a good thing to know, but it what I am NOW looking at spans out right, I won't need any of this.

Tomorrow we should know :D

Thanks graham! :)

Top Bottom