450 Can some one help me compare these motors

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey guys!! I am deciding on a motor now... I am stuck between bl450m with align 35a esc,

Or bl450mx (3400kv) or bl450mx(1700kv)

Can some one please help me compare these motors. I think the 1700kv one needs a 6s lipo... If so... I donno If that's something I would like. Please help. I am a bit confused. I am looking at this eBay posting for (3400kv) with align esc for 85 bucks...

Now there is scorpion 2221-6... How is that motor? What esc to use? What battery will it need? Will it be pocket friendly? Please let me know!!! ;)

Thanks

---
- Gaba

Tony

Staff member
First off, we are going to need links to compare anything. Second, we are going to need to know what you are wanting to put this in. And third, you always make things difficult lol. if you want the best, get scorpion. If you want to save money, get the hobbypartz series motors. This applies to planes helis and anything else.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
First off.... here is the links:
450M Brushless Motor(3500KV) RCM-BL450M KX850177 [KX850177] - $49.99 : Assurance Rc Distributor, Align RC USA
450MX Brushless Motor(1700KV) RCM-BL450MX HML45M02 [HML45M02] - $49.99 : Assurance Rc Distributor, Align RC USA
450MX Brushless Motor(3400KV) RCM-BL450MX HML45M01 [HML45M01] - $49.99 : Assurance Rc Distributor, Align RC USA
second off : dude!!! I know that scorpions are THE BEST.. but they are expensive too... like 80 bucks for 2221-6... I would love to run it.. but it'll need a 50A esc of comparable quality and hobbypartz ones are not something i would run a 80 dollar motor on. Will I need a bigger battery too??? Thats what i wanna know.. that, if scorpion is gonna cost me an arm and a leg then i might not go for "THE BEST", and run something cheaper BUT a definate upgrade to the hobbypartz motors...

SECONDLY... while hobbypartz motors are good.. I have had one burn and second is on its way ( the one in 450) i can hear noises in the motor now... I am really not very very happy.. I have flown it much... but not so much that it gives up so soon.. It hasnt given up yet, may be it'll last.. donno.. I am still gonna keep this one in the clone... The trex WONT have a bad motor!

Whats up with these align motors???

And Thirdly.. this a 450 thread.. lol.... so i am guessing it'll go in a 450 heli.... :D :D heehee

and Fourth off... I read what you edited out.. tapatalk didnt have the updates yet.. I am not difficult.. YOU ARE!!! lol

Tony

Staff member
read what I edited out? what are you talking about, I didn't edit anything...

I will let someone else reply and compare these motors. It seems that you are not happy with me asking the question so I will just leave this one alone. I have tried to help, but you go from one end of the spectrum to the other. And doing that faster than me is saying something. Have a good day Gaba, hope someone can help you out.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ohhh man... you got offended!! i was just playing! :) PROMISE!! :D

ok some one's gotta help me!! you are one of the most helpful person here! This question is for everyone.. :) let me know what you think man!

thanks for all the help! :)

Tony

Staff member
I wasn't offended. It takes a lot to offend, or piss me off lol. I just know when I back away haha

Tony

Staff member
Here are the specs on these motors.

I would not get this one
450MX Brushless Motor(1700KV) RCM-BL450MX HML45M02
$49.99

Specifications:
Input voltage: DC7.4-22.2V 2-6cell Li-Po
Max continuous current:30A/45A(5sec)
Max output power:Approx. 650w/970W(5sec)
KV value:1700KV
Dimension:spindle 3.5x29.2x38mm
Weight:Approx. 83g

Instructions:
1.The 450MX motor incorporates radial fan in its end bell, creating powerful airflow to dissipate heat. Tweaks to motor design and reduction in weight not only contributes to dramatic power increase, the high efficiency cooling system enables cooler operating temperature during and after flights when compared to motor of previous generation.
2.The 450MX motor armature had a special balance adjust to improve the serious shaking problem that other tiny motors have.
3.Maintenance free, high torque, high efficiency, low temperature variant, stable and quiet.
4.Japanese made high-speed ball bearings, powerful magnetic outrunner rotor.
5.Battery:22.2v , 1100~1200mAh.
6.In Continuation of 450MX's high efficiency, low temperature, and high torque advantages, 450MX(1700KV) utilizes 6S battery as power foundation. Not only does the current drop by 10 amps, battery and ESC exhibit even lower temperatures. The enormous power output makes you want to "hold on" to the controls! This is the premier product for those in search of the ultimate 3D power.
7.Even for the none 3D pilots, 450MX 6S motor utilizes less than 5 amps at hover. Not only does this require smaller C-rating packs, the lower temperature extends the battery life at the same time. Charging time basically is cut in half. These advantages makes this an ideal motor for just about everyone.

Accessories:
Socket button head screw(M2.5X6mm)X2
Washer(Φ2.6XΦ5.8X0.6mm)X2
ALIGN standard 3mm gilt terminal x 3set

This one is okay, but I still wouldn't get it.
Input voltage: DC7.4-14.8V 2-4cell Li-Po
Max continuous current:46A/68A(5sec)
Max output power:Approx. 500w/730W(5sec)
KV value:3400KV
Dimension:spindle 3.5x29.2x38mm
Weight:Approx. 83g

Instructions:
1.The 450MX motor incorporates radial fan in its end bell, creating powerful airflow to dissipate heat. Tweaks to motor design and reduction in weight not only contributes to dramatic power increase, the high efficiency cooling system enables cooler operating temperature during and after flights when compared to motor of previous generation.
2.The 450MX motor armature had a special balance adjust to improve the serious shaking problem that other tiny motors have.
3.Maintenance free, high torque, high efficiency, low temperature variant, stable and quiet.
4.Japanese made high-speed ball bearings, powerful magnetic outrunner rotor.

Accessories:
Socket button head screw(M2.5X6mm)X2
Washer(£X2.6X£X5.8X0.6mm)X2
ALIGN standard 3mm gilt terminal x 3set

This one is the best choice out of the 3. But, I still wouldn't get it. Mainly because I don't know who the seller is, or if they can be trusted.
Input voltage: DC7.4-14.8V 2-4cell Li-Po
Max continuous current:39A
Max output power:Approx. 400w
KV value:3500KV
Dimension:spindle 3.5x28x37.5mm
Weight:Approx. 76g

Accessories:
Socket button head screw(M2.6X6mm)X2
Washer(Φ2.6XΦ5.8X0.6mm)X2 plus
ALIGN standard 3mm gilt terminal x 3set(MAX 50A)

1700 kv is too low for a helicopter of this size. I don't know anything about the 3400kv. I think the 3500kv is the one that they put in the super combo kits, but I'm not sure. Look on ReadyHeli.com for the align motors. they are the only ones that I purchase Align products from.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I would suggest experience RC. I bought my 600 trex from them. Also I get most of my parts from them. I have been to there store outside of Detroit. They are very nice people. also Ron's heli pros south. But you have to register on there sight to get the best prices.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey Tony .. Any reason you don't Like the mx motors?? is it just the KV?? Um.. I heard some good reviews like good cooling (like the scorpion) and better winding on it...ok.. so the 450m u say.... is good.... hmmm... its definately a good motor but its just that it runs hot (according to reviews.. lol and lhs :p :D )

this website is the wholesaler that the LHS around here buy from. I saw the LHS guy pull this site up and look up stuff for me when i needed it, .. its like his "warehouse".. so I am not gonna buy anything from here.. just this site is what i remembered had all the motors listed in line..

I heard that the pro v2 comes with 3400kv one.. (I am not 100perc sure) lemme confirm that. i will check on it..

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I'm going by what I have read, and I have read NOTHING about the mx motors. But, in my helicopters, I use the alpha 400 and like it. No need for me to search any other motors.

And if I get my way about it, I won't have to worry about helicopters for much longer.

Gaba these are the Two motors I use and have had NO issues with them at all the Turnigy 450H 2215 3550kv and the E500 6t 4000Kv (only use the E500 if you have a good Metal Head setup)
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
HobbyKing Online R/C Hobby Store : Turnigy Typhoon 450H 2215H Heli Motor 3550kv (450 class)
[url="http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__6316__Turnigy_E500_6T_4000Kv_200W_Heli_Motor.html"]HobbyKing Online R/C Hobby Store : Turnigy E500 6T 4000Kv 200W Heli Motor

[/URL]

Lee

Turnigy 2836 3700KV in both my 450s. work great. been flying one since i started and it still goes well.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Thanks for the input guys!! :)

I found an amazing deal last night. Got bl450m and align 35a esc combo for 50bucks.. :) :) it's on it's way already.. I think that's just like 10 bucks more than I would have spent getting any of these motors you suggested.. So it's good! :)

Jolly, I will have an align head on my new 450.. Does that motor work on any clone head too!? Just asking because if this motor I have in the clone dies I will go for a cheaper motor in my clone again. :) but there motors look awesome! So I'll keep that in mind..

---
- Gaba

Top Bottom