Camera Hat

Ken Jackson

I actually haven't been flying much since I broke my camera mount. I enjoy watching videos almost as much as flying and building. Been thinking of different designs and this just popped into my head while driving home from work the other day. And it didn't cost anything but an old hat I had laying around. Will work with any small camera as long as it has the standard camera mount which for the US guys that would be 1/4-20 threaded bolt.

If someone else had already thought of it I'm not claiming I invented anything here, just a simple way to use what you have laying around and get some video of your flying. You'll be glad you did if you are going to stay flying. Meanwhile I've been flying my Trex PRO 450 DFC and my Visionaire plane I bought in Novemeber. Videos coming soon.....

Yes I know its really dorky but you don't have to use it when people are around, they can film for you. Plus I'm about the flying and don't really care what I look like.

I'm flying until I'm dying!

Ken

Camera Hat 1.jpgCamera Hat 2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Another thought is smaller washers or painted at least.

TRex 500 on the bench ready for electrical setup!

Camera Hat 1.jpg

Camera Hat 2.jpg

Ken Jackson

Thanks guys and its not stealing if I shared it, Lol. I just know how important it has been to me to have video. It will improve your flying.

Ken

Ken Jackson

Added another washer but still tilting down. Need something like a wedge to drive the camera upward 2-3 mm.

Ken

Admiral

I've been using a Spy Camera on a peak cap for several years, started with low Res then went to Hi Res when they became available. Not perfect and no good in low light but very usable.

IMG_3192 (Small).JPG

IMG_3192 (Large).jpg

IMG_3192 (Small).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Jackson

Awesome dude. I messed with a go pro clone and I wanted to video in HD. so the camera I use will do full 1080

Top Bottom