Caldera 10e Aluminum Hub Carrier Upgrade

Tommy

Hey guys. I have a Redcat Caldera 10e and lost one of the screws out of the front steering knuckle or Hub. Not sure what it's called. So I bought a set of aluminum ones. However I find that the steering binds when I tighten the screws. Now it came with aluminum bushings that I basically had to press into the old holes. My question is should that mounting screw free float inside of the bushing? It seems like that would be what should happen but what I have seems to almost thread into the bushings as you can see in the photo. That screw is threaded in the bushing. I could take my Dremel and just relieve the inside of the bushing a touch if that's what I need to do, but I'm not sure at this point. I thought it prudent to consult someone with a little more experience before I proceed. Thank you in advance. I apologize if this would be considered a tech question.

Attachments

• 1527366150854339691365.jpg
    1527366150854339691365.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 1

Tony

Staff member
Without actually having it in my hands I'm not 100% sure on this answer, but I will try. If it came with a bushing, then it should be able to tighten down and still rotate. If it doesn't, you can use a very small amount of thin CA (Super Glue) on the threads of the screw and tighten it down as much as you can. However I have never been a fan of Aluminum parts. There always has to be a weak point that is sacrificial when you crash. The part you broke is one of those parts that I would just leave stock. In fact, I leave everything stock, or at least plastic such as RPM parts.

Top Bottom