Motors Bullet connectors

Walt

Just got new motors with bullet connectors and the ESCs dont have them. Should I buy the female ends for the ESCs or cut them off the motors and solder the wires? I guess im wondering if they would be a weak link.

Derek

Well, I think that it's said that any "connector" is a point of resistance but I use bullet connectors on all my planes, heli's, and now my mini quad. In the end, I imagine it's all about "personal preference". I put 2mm bullet connectors on my quad because if I have a motor go out, I can replace it rather easily. I have spare esc's, spare motors, spare screws, spare props. So...if something were to happen, I should be able to replace the motor with ease...even at the field.

Admiral

Long term connectors are a better idea, while in theory they are a point of resistance I've never had any connectors heating up so zero or very minor resistance, but I've had to replace motors and ESCs which would have been a much harder job if they had been hardwired.

Tony

Staff member
The only reason I hard-wired my 250 quad was because the wire is smaller than the bullets, and I didn't want anything too bulky on there. On my helicopters, I'm running bullets on everything.

Walt

Just orderd some bullets for my next project. Is it ok to start a second quad before the first one is done?

Tony

Staff member
Hell yeah it is, you never know when something is going to hold you up. Money ahead IMO to have a second one on the way just in case. And if they both work, then that's a bonus :chuckles:

Derek

Just orderd some bullets for my next project. Is it ok to start a second quad before the first one is done?

I'd simply like to reply to this by saying, Hell Yes, it's ok!!! ha ha ha. It's pretty much very normal for me to have 5-7 projects going all at the same time, lol. I have a plane that I actually built the airframe about two years ago. I finally got all the parts and electronics to finish the build. I started adding the electronics and then I started and finished my 250 build, lol, instead of finishing my plane build. It may not be a "normal" practice but it sure it normal in my workshop, lol.

RandyDSok

Also double check and look really close on the connectors your motor came with... they often will put the female connector on there and it actually looks like one unit.

Walt

My wife just found the second quad last night. She did not buy the im building it for you excuse for aerial photography for her real estate listings. So its honey do jobs today.

Top Bottom