Projects Building The RC Help Edge 540

Tony

Staff member
That motor should work, but you are going to have to go up to a 10x6 or 10x8 prop to get the thrust out of it that this plane requires. As for the hinge, I use clear packing tape and have never had a failure.

Tony

Staff member
This is the motor that I suggested to Derek. Stick an 8x4 prop on it and run it with a 1000mah 2s battery. That plane will be smoking! But in the good way :chuckles:

heli-maniac

This thing looks like its going to be smaller than my Edge 540 QQ
Just over a 22in wing span .

The QQ has alittle tiny motor in it and runs on a 450mah 2 s

- - - Updated - - -

This is the motor that I suggested to Derek. Stick an 8x4 prop on it and run it with a 1000mah 2s battery. That plane will be smoking! But in the good way :chuckles:

What motor are you saying to put on it

Tony

Staff member
wow, yeah that is way too small. There has to be a setting on there somewhere. Something like "print full size", "borderless" or something like that. There might be somewhere that states a percent, and if so, it needs to be 100%. I would just print that first page and measure that line. If it's still short, you can reload that page upside down, make a change and print again.

heli-maniac

Ill have to try it on my lap top its got newer soft wear
If not i may build it as a down sized version and find a motor and esc to put on it
Find a motor that spec is close to the QQ and run a 7x 3.5 prop on 2 s

heli-maniac

Their shipping is a little cheaper but their price is a little higher so its a wash
I ordered a motor ,esc and a battery from the HK USA warehouse for what just the motor and esc were going to be from Nitro planes

Top Bottom