1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Building The Load Bank

By murankar, Sep 13, 2018 | |
  1. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Soldier

2. murankar

Soldier
    Here is the load bank so far. The heat sink is drilled and tapped. Went M3 on the fasteners. The entire project will be M3x10x.5.

The connector is a castle creation 6mm EC style connector. I have the current sensor wired up to the load bank. I have yet to get thermal grease. Not sure if in really even need it. I washed the heat sink after tapping it. I took off the resistors washed it in hot water. Arts bed the resistors and the heat transfered to the resistors really quick.

Now u have to build the container which will be lexan since I have that already on hand. I have drafted out the pieces on paper to actual size.

Next I need some kind of cutting tool for this. I have I have a router, a circular saw and access to a table saw. I am thinking of rough cutting with the circular saw and trim cutting with the router. That should net me some smooth edges.

That's it for now. More later.

Attached Files:

3. murankar

Soldier
    12V equalled 12 amps at about 130F on passive cooling.

Next is going to be 15V at 15 amps with passive cooling. Going to see at what point the heat sink will need forced air to stay cool.

I have yet to use heat transfer grease.

4. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Sorry for not keeping up with all of this. Sounds like you are making great progress on this. Keep up the good work. Oh, and sorry for missing your text messages. Or not replying anyway.

5. murankar

Soldier
    No biggy, you've been busy. Besides I know you will respond at some point.