250 Building a new HK 250GT

mousie

Ok guys,just received my new 250 today.I am looking for information on setup manuals.I remember looking at manuals on here before but can't find them now.Can someone steer me in the right direction as to where they are located on this web sight.Thank You.

Tony

Staff member
Here you go. I'm not sure what kit HK is selling now, but I sure hope it's better than the kit I had. If it's like the kit I had, then you wil have to replace the main shaft, feathering shaft, main gear, one way, main bearings, tail block, tail front drive gear, tail belt, tail shaft & gear, rear tail block, tail slider, tail grips, main grips, main grip bearings, ALL with Align parts. That was pretty much my list of parts that it took just to get mine in the air for the first time. There is a VERY good reason it was named "Nightmare". Damn thing almost took my head off once. And yes, I have that on video lmao.

Anyway, below is the link to the instruction manual page. Again, your kit may be different, but they all go together the same. Ail servo on the right front, pitch on the left front, and elevator in the rear. any help, all you have to do is ask.

Rc-Help - Instruction Manuals

mousie

Thanks Tony, I hope I have none of them issues.I do have a question on a tail servo that I will be using.I have a asson ga 250 gyro and a HXT 900 servo from HK. Is this a digital servo? And will it work with that gyro.Why or why not. If not what is a good cheap tail servo that will work with the GA 250.

Tony

Staff member
No, that servo is not digital and no it will not work with that gyro. The gyro is going ot want to send out about 200+ commands a second, and an analog servo can only handle about 50 commands a second. With more commands coming in, it just heats up trying to keep up with it, and it will burn it up every time.

Minimum servo I would put on the tail is the EXI D113F or EXI D213F. Only difference is the 113 is plastic gear and 213 is metal gear. Same speed and both digital. But, I would HIGHLY suggest you invest in an Align DS425 for the tail. Very fast and VERY accurate. The GA250 is a decent gyro, but something like the Align GP790 or a Quark will stop it in holding abilities.

Lee

Get the best gyro/servo you can afford. Those little beasts need all the help they can for holding the tail. If you go cheap, you will have issues. Take Tonys advice.

murankar

Staff member
Yes follow Tony's advice. I had that same gyro on my 450 and never was able to get the tail to lock in. I have the DS520 that I used on the tail and sitting around. I have seen a video of the EXI 250 with the gyro that I have in my signature and it held it rather well. He paired it with a JR tail servo I believe. Good luck!

Top Bottom