Spektrum Buddy box question

callsign4223

Staff member
If I am going to buddy box 2 dx6i's, do I have to set the plane or helicopter up on both the same? I have the cable to do it, what steps are needed to make it work?

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you have to set them up with the same profiles, that way all of the trims and everything will be the same. As for exactly how to do it, not sure since I have never done it.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
There is a menue in there somewhere to clone the settings from one to the other. You just have to fine it. Or read your Manuel to find out how! Lol

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
callsign4223,

On page 18 in my manual, under the "Master/Slave Information" section there is a "notice:"

"You must set up a model the same in both transmitters before using the trainer cord. The trainer cord does not copy model control values from one transmitter to another."

This was the only reference I could find in the manual regarding your question.

Steve in Sandy

Lee

I have been wondering about how it works. I have a guy here learning to fly helis and he wants me to buddy box him. Just thinking if the subtrims for both radios would create the same servo movement?

Tony

Staff member
It should, but I would do a ground test first. Make sure when you flip the switch back and forth the servos don't move at all.

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
When my buddy was working with me I was connected to his DX6i. The way I remember it, only his radio transmitted to the plane, so he would set trim on his radio only. When he held the trainer switch control was given to my TX.

I honestly don't remember trying to adjust trim at the time since I was pretty busy on the sticks! I'll be in contact with him in the morning so I'll ask him what the skinny is. He does a lot of training duty in the local RC club, so I'm pretty sure he knows exactly how it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Tony, good point - I do remember that he would switch back an fourth several times and make some fine adjustments prior to take off to be sure that the TXs were in sync! Funny how you forget the small details...

Top Bottom