Spektrum Buddy Box for Spektrum DX7

mooserider

I would like to get a second transmitter to teach family and some friends to fly. Mostly for planes, but I'd also like to have it work with helis. My question is, can I get away with a cheaper DX5e ($50), or does it have to be a 6 channel to work for the heli (Trex 450 with 3GX), like a DX6i, which is $120? My current Tx is a DX7 (the older one), which has what looks like a headphone jack labelled D.S.C.

In the manual, it says that I can set the trainer to P-Link, and the master Tx will maintain all of the dual rates, expos, gear, flaps, etc, and only the stick positions will be used on the slave Tx. I take this to mean that I could use even a 4 ch Tx?

Thanks for any help.

murankar

Staff member
Plus if your running the new DX Black TXs then The DX5e would be about useless. While you could still use the cable to buddy box I think It would be easier to use the wireless. If I am not mistaken I think support is starting to be dropped for the non black line radios.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Wireless buddy box can be bound to any spektrum Tx. You bind their Tx to your Tx, then your Tx is used to control the aircraft.

mooserider

I didn't realize it was wireless. I definitely don't want that. I'll probably end up getting a dx6i with a receiver, since I need a new receiver anyhow. Man are they pricey though! Thanks a lot for the help all! Save me a lot of hassle!

murankar

Staff member
I thought wireless buddy box went through the two radios and not the rx. learn something new everyday.

Tony

Staff member
They don't go through the RX. The slave Tx is bound directly to the master Tx. At least that is what I have read. Never actually tried it. Maybe I need to get matt's DX8 and give it a shot...

Top Bottom