General BSD Prime Baja V2 Help

kyle-rhys

I know it's a fairly basic cheap buggy and a lot of people on here will have bigger better more expensive buggys but does anyone know much about these? Mainly gearbox related.. upgrades? Other boxes that can fit? Ect ect thanks a lot kyle

Tony

Staff member
When you say "gearbox upgrades", are you meaning gearing? If so, that spur gear may be a little hard to find. It has a hex in it, and most 1:10th scale buggies like this use a slipper and that center hole is round so it can slip. But I'm sure with enough searching, you can get better gearing. The pinion is just a matter of matching pitch of the gears (more than likely it's a 48 pitch that is on there, 24 is too corse and 64 is too fine) so you just need to find one that fits your motor shaft.

kyle-rhys

Yeah I noticed it had a hex instead of round hole like most, I stripped the gearbox down as lost drive and it's basically stripped the teeth off the plastic gears in box so wondered if was a upgrade or metal gears could buy, I don't think it was set up correctly as only had it a week and not gave to excessive grief so going to return to shop where I got it but thought was worth asking if anyone done any mods cheers

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure I would want to put metal in it so soon. If you have it happen again, and the trans is a severe weak spot, then I would look for metal gears. But it's nice to have something weak to break rather than breaking something more expensive. But with a buggy like this, I think it's going to be hard to find aftermarket gears.

kyle-rhys

Yeah I see what you're saying I think it may be I was just unlucky and something wasn't right from factory for it to go in a week I mean I only used it 3/4 times

Tony

Staff member
If that is the case, I would contact who you purchased it from and tell them it failed before you even finished the first pack. They may do something for you.

Top Bottom