Spektrum Broken DX6i antenna

Ricardo

Dear Tony:
Yesterday my grand son was playing with the Phoenix sim and broke the DX6i TX antenna, not totally broke just the plastic of the bending part. Looking in internet I find that the correct replacement is the Eflite EFLH1058 and I find it en Ebay. Can you please confirm me that this is the correct replacement?
To change it I saw your wonderfull video of decontructing the DX6i so i don't think I will have any problem.
Thank you.

Tony

Staff member
Replacing the antenna is very simple. Take the case apart via the 6 screws in the back (careful of the battery and switch wires), unplug it from the Tx/Rx module (not needed, but helps), and unscrew the one phillips screw that holds the antenna in place. slip out the wire, and put it in the new one.

As for what one to go with, can you give us a link to the one that you are looking at?

Ricardo

Meanwhile I put some tape in the broken one and did the test, with the transmitter at 90 feet and the trainer switch on I hover for a moment my Storm 450 with no problem. So the antenna seems to be working fine.

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately, that doesn't say that it's for the DX6i. It looks the same, but could be a different resistance wire for the antenna, or a different length or something. It may be worth a shot if you have the cash and shipping to you is cheap enough, but make sure it's EXACTLY the same. Use your old wire.

And when you do the range test, you shouldn't try to hover it. Just make sure it's getting the signal. Just safer for the heli and prevents a crash just incase there is something wrong.

Hope you get it fixed soon.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
My DX6i antena is also broken. The radio still has the same range, so it is not completely necissary to replace it.

Ricardo

As RCD said, my antenna is broken but the wire is fine and the DX6i is working perfectly (the range proof perfect) with the plastic cover with some tape. I will be doing the same, continue working with it till I get the original antenna.

Top Bottom