Spektrum Broken DX6 help question

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey everyone, I had my DX6 close to a year and I need two 3-way switches replaced:scratchchin: Where can I get these switches and should I attempt to fix them my self? "Never done it before":banghead: or just send the the radio out to get it fixed at Horinzon :mad1: where I purchased it from. Thanks in advance for your advice! :anyone:

SIXFOOTER

Last time I opened up my DX6 it looked pretty simple to do. I have a DX8 I need to do a repair on, but don't know where to get parts

Smoggie

I replaced one of the switched on my DX18 using a Futaba momentary switch, it was externally identical, to look at you cant tell the difference. I found the switch on eBay. It was a easy enough mod if you are comfortable soldering tiny wires to tiny pins.

Tony

Staff member
It's going to be 3 wires and a nut. Very simple to replace. Just unsolder the wires ONE AT A TIME and solder them on to the new switch, then just screw it back in place with the locking nut.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
It's going to be 3 wires and a nut. Very simple to replace. Just unsolder the wires ONE AT A TIME and solder them on to the new switch, then just screw it back in place with the locking nut.

:nervous: Well, I guess since I'm not very good at soldering :boohoo: and I have my old TX "DX6i" that I used for my simulator, I'm just going to send the TX "DX6" to Horizon Hobby and have them fix it :thumbsup: and use my DX6i for the time being. :twitch: I shake to much to solder little wires :frown: They can also go through the radio to make sure everything else is fine.

Tony

Staff member
This is true on checking other things. Don't worry though, I have had to do this crap myself lol. I had just gotten my DX8, brand friggin new, and my wife knocks it off the table busting two switches. i was pissed lol.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
This is true on checking other things. Don't worry though, I have had to do this crap myself lol. I had just gotten my DX8, brand friggin new, and my wife knocks it off the table busting two switches. i was pissed lol.

That's what happen to me when I first got mine. The wife didn't knock it off the table, my dumb ass :moon: did. I didn't have no one to bitch at but my self. Lol

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I finished binding my old DX6i to my helis before packing up my DX6 to send out to get fix :yuck:. I didn't realize how much of a difference that 1 flight mode makes :shocked:. I have 3 settings with the DX6 "Normal, stunt 1 & stunt 2 now with just normal and stunt 1 on the DX6i, the Tx feels weird to me. Not just missing the extra stunt mode but also how the DX6 is so much comfortable in my hands vs DX6i to hold. I know it's just in my head but still weird. I do like having the extra stunt mode. I'll survive til the DX6 is back in my hands. Lol

Smoggie

Hard learned rules: Never leave a Tx stood up on any raised surface where it could conceivably fall off of. Rest it on it's back and well away from the edge. Some Tx's 'walk' if the vibrate alert goes off so either disable vibrate or put some rubber feet on the Tx so it doesnt walk when vibrating.

Top Bottom