Spektrum Broken antenna on brand new dsm2 orange rx

orbi

Is it possible to purchase an Antenna for an Orange dsm2 6ch rx . I had one delivered and the antenna broke off inside the box, its a longish grey wire about 6 inches long, it looks like it has a clip -on type of fitting where it joins the board. Its cost me $12 plus £10 GDP customs so im pretty miffed at breaking it.
There s gotta be somewhere where I can get one from??? any ideas???

Westy

LEGEND
Hey Orbi,

Is that the one that was giving you all the problems?

Contact HK customer service and get a new one. Take some photos and send to them ... or take a short video and send it to you tube and send HK the link.

They are normally pretty good with their replacements
got a photo for us?

orbi

no
Hey Orbi,

Is that the one that was giving you all the problems?

Contact HK customer service and get a new one. Take some photos and send to them ... or take a short video and send it to you tube and send HK the link.

They are normally pretty good with their replacements
got a photo for us?
this is a different Rx....
the antenna just came away in my hands .... i opened the case and detatched the antenna plug. There is no way anyone could solder the wire back on again, far too minute.... apparently its just a simple plugging in job with a new antenna, but it all seems a bit flimsy and delicate to me. why cant they make stuff that is a bit more robust. I see they do an antenna for a 300 dms 2 will that one do for my 6 ch ?

orbi

I had another problem too.... my blades wernt tracking up and I found out that one of the two flybar bearings that fit into the main paddle bar had come out and the one that was still in had been mashed up, wow. replaced them both and blades are tracking and "sounding" really good. I was surprised how the sound of the blades are much sharper too.

- - - Updated - - -

yep
yeah the antenna has a gold plug attached which fits over the socket inside

Westy

LEGEND
glad you sorted that .... I have posted 2 links above for you to look at .... should get you sorted

What model Orange RX is it? my 6ch DSm2 (615) has soldered on antennae

Last edited:

orbi

thanks Westy
Thats real nice of you to get me that link.... i went looking for an antenna earlier, wasnt sure if that was suitable but took a chance and ordered 2 at $1.30 each hey if it works well and good but if it dont Ive lost a couple of bucks no big deal eh, A good idea to make replacement antenna s with a gold plug so its an easy fix tho.

orbi

will do. must remember to do the range test when I get it replaced .... they tell me I should have about 3/4 mile radius on that rx virtually out of sight range

Westy

LEGEND
you should be able to do a range test if you have Spektrum by either holding in the bind button which drops voltage to transmitter output and you should be able to walk 30 paces and still not have any issues.... if your Rx is blinking when you get back.... you has had some signal loss.... other Spektrum models have different procedures to do a range test... read the manual and it will be in there

Top Bottom